Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lezyne power drive xl?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Anyone got one? How are they compared to a Joystick?

fubar
    Free Member

Anyone got one?

Yep. Good when working and really like it (a bit bulky) but mine is unreliable. Sometimes turns to power saving really early and I have had it turn off whilst out…yet then worked fine when turned back on. As it is unpredictable and hard to demonstrate fault I never returned it (and also I saved a few quid buying from Sport Pursuits and regretted lack of support after)

How are they compared to a Joystick?

no idea

fubar
    Free Member

p.s. I’m only using it as a road light..but either on flash or a low/medium setting

jimjam
    Free Member

loddrik
    Anyone got one? How are they compared to a Joystick?

Cheap and nasty compared to a Joystick. Riddled with problems. Issues with batteries and buttons.

norvunoik
    Free Member

I’ve had mine for 18 months and used it perhaps 2 or 3 times a week through winter.
    I’ve used it for commuting and some off road stuff and it’s plenty bright enough.
    The only issue I have with it is the rubber USB port cover, which seems to work loose exposing the port underneath.
    I only paid £50 for mine (from CRC), but if I was buying again and they were only full price I’d be tempted by a Joystick (Mk8) from Rutland cycles for £90.

daver27
    Free Member

got one sat here Dead, which is the 2nd dead one i’ve had. first one battery died, 2nd one, the rubber switch cover popped out taking half the switch mechanism with it so had to be turned on with a stick. now its totally died and won’t even charge.

Utter crap products for the money they charge.

Brighter than a joystick just, but no where near as good

Buy a Joystick or Diablo, you’ll be glad you did.

russjp
    Free Member

I’m on my 2nd one after getting a warranty replacement. Still have same issue of showing low charge after only a couple of mins use. Have to charge every other day of 30 mins daily use, wouldn’t buy another

igm

I have two. The amber power indicator comes on quickly but I’ve never actually run out of power on two hour rides except the first ride with lights this year when I suddenly realised I hadn’t charged it since last lights season.

Used a couple of times a week on the bars of the road bike or my helmet when off road. USB charged at work when commuting.

Not as nice as the Exposure, but £50.

loddrik
    Free Member

Thanks chaps, I think I’ll leave it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lezyne power drive xl?’ is closed to new replies.