Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Lezyne GPS turn by turn directions….any good off road?
  • filks

Thinking about getting the super GPS and wondered if the turn by turn directions are any good off road?

Might be useful on holiday to find decent trails….or not.

Anyone any experience?

Ewan
    Free Member

I bought the micro gps watch – it was very inaccurate, buggy and broadly sh*t.

And given I also own a Garmin, which is itself fairly buggy and annoying… the bar was low!

smokey_jo

Not tried mine off road yet but it’s fine on road. They are pretty active in updating the app and firmware at present

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

As per smokey jo, but ironically I’ve done far less riding since my Super GPS arrived 12 days ago!

mattbee

TBH I found the turn by turn on road so woeful I went out and bought a Garmin Touring & Talkytoaster maps instead.
    The Lezyne (with latest firmware) is a pretty good training/data gathering/Strava tool but crap for navigation.

Bez

I don’t know of any unit which will produce good (or, for that matter, any) off-road turn notifications unless you manually input them when you plan your route, or unless you use certain route planning engines and stick to certain types of trail (generally the least interesting ones). The only thing I’ve so far come across which manages it well is Komoot on a phone, although I think that only navigates by voice rather than visual cues.

smokey_jo

The breadcrumb screen on the Lezyne is enough to let you know when you’re off route but the mini lacks a beep to tell you to look at the screen which is a bit of an oversight off-road.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Lezyne GPS turn by turn directions….any good off road?’ is closed to new replies.