Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Lezyne alloy floor drive…a question about operation
  • Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

I’m used to using a Topeak Blow Job Mountain and when I attach the hose to the valve and activate the clamping lever, the dial registers the pressure automatically…when I press the button to let a little air out, the dial moves down accordingly. Happy days.

I’ve just bought a Lezyne alloy floor drive (I need higher pressures for the road bike) and when I screw the hose to the valve the pressure doesn’t register until I start pumping. I can see that this might be normal operation, however when I press the button to let out a few psi the dial drops right down (say from 110 to 20 psi) and then I have to pump the handle again to get the dial to read correctly! It’s broken, right?

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Mine does this too, I suspect it measures the pressure in the hose rather than the tyre hence only working when you start to pump and when you let air out the hose pressure falls. I did have my dial fail completely on me though and it registered 0psi all the time which Lezyne replaced for me free of charge (and very quickly)

MoreCashThanDash

If its the ABS button, iirc if you are using it on presta valve it doesn’t release pressure through the valve, just lets the pressure out the tube so it unscrews easier.

If it is on a Schrader valve, then pressing the ABS button does release pressure, through the valve so should still register the tyre pressure so you can use it to let air out till you get to the required pressure.

And if you are using it on presta valves, yes, it is surprisingly easy to overtighten the connector and remove the valve core when you are trying to disconnect the pump.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Yep, it’s on a presta valve. So it’s supposed to work like this…how very disappointing!

cheers all

Northwind

Lezyne’s slogan is “Bad ideas, beautifully implemented”.

Junkyard
    Free Member

True fact Dat 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Lezyne alloy floor drive…a question about operation’ is closed to new replies.