Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Lezyne 'Alloy Drive' pump probs
  • Anthony
    Free Member

Just had a go with my new pump to find it unusually hard going and I can't imagine it's normal.

I'm using the presta end on a Stan's valve and trying to inflate from around 10 to 30psi was like a mini work-out. I can't see what else I should do other than unwind presta valve nut, screw on hose and pump away.

From time to time the tire sealant clogs up the valve a little but everything seemed to be flowing fine when the valve pin is depressed and it was the same on all 4 Stan's valves I tried.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

MrNutt
    Free Member

mine works a treat, pop back to your LBS and see if they can swap it?

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Maybe consider swapping it for something tried and tested rather than the latest and shiniest.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Anthony
    Free Member

Slw, it's won pretty much every test it has been in which is why I had specifically hunted it down.

Although I admit it is the shiniest 🙂

Ed-O
    Free Member

Occasionally screwing the Presta adaptor on can also close the Presta valve itself especially if the valve is bent.

Apart from that mine works a treat.

Anthony
    Free Member

I have just tried it with a spare inner tube and it works great. Just tried it on the Stan's valve again and it doesn't work, despite them looking identical (inner tube also a removable core).

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

I found these pumps awful, sold mine on ebay as my 5.99 one from Halfords works 10 times better… overpriced bling

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Only used mine once but it was perfect – much better than my old Blackburn. Do you give the valve a quick press first to let a little air out to kind of unseal it?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Lezyne 'Alloy Drive' pump probs’ is closed to new replies.