• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Lezyne Alloy Dirt Floor Drive
  • BoardinBob

Bought one of these track pumps about 6 months ago based on recommendations for getting tubeless tyres inflated without a compressor. It certainly does that without any problems but I’ve always thought the pressure gauge was a bit off.

Having recently bought a Topeak smart guage which seems to be very accurate according to reports, my cheapish track pump that lives in the car appears to under read by 3 PSI whereas the expensive Lezyne under reads by 10 PSI. That seems pretty poor considering the price but is it a genuine fault and worth returning or just a trait of these pumps? I can certainly verify the pressures with the Topeak gauge but it would be nice to get them at least close to accurate with the track pump.

singlespeedstu

Yep my Dirt Drive shows around 15psi when there’s around 25 in the tyre.
    Noticed the first time I used it.
    Not really a problem for me as i go on feel of the tyre not what the gauge shows.

milky1980
    Free Member

Mine’s spot on but it is brand new 😀

old_mtber
    Free Member

Bought mine for the same reason.
    Really disappointed that the gauge not at all accurate. Same as above about 10-12 psi off. 🙁

enfht
    Free Member

Oh. Not just me then.

I think the accuracy improves beyond 25(ish)psi but I could be wrong.

Would be interested in the outcome if anyone queried this as a possible fault with their supplier..

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Mine seems accurate in line with a digital gauge.

JoeG
    Free Member

I’ve had gauge issues with mine. 😕

I bought a Dirt Drive a couple of years ago. The needle stuck. Lezyne sent me a replacement gauge (but road psi). Then they sent the right one. I had trouble installing it. So they sent me a whole new CNC pump. 😀 It arrived with the top unthreaded but still in a sealed bag. 😕 And it wasn’t long before that gauge bottoms out at 5 psi. 😐

I have to overfill the tire and use a handheld pressure gauge to check as I let air out. PITA!

Does anyone know of anywhere to get a non-Lezyne replacement?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Lezyne Alloy Dirt Floor Drive’ is closed to new replies.