Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lezyme caddy or ortleib waterproof seatpack?
  • singletracksurfer

like the idea of the compartments on the Lezyme but it is in the firing line….

13thfloormonk

Didn't like my Lezyne, even on the road bike the velcro straps seem to come loose, and I've somehow managed to wear through the material on the top.

Nice pumps though…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have an ortleib one – its years old and just works.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Just to add another to the mix:

Water resistant – I have had one of the smaller ones on my Road bike for 5 years and still like new and is pretty water resisitant TBH with a waterproof zip 🙂

Paulio
    Free Member

I had a Lezyne micro caddy which looked knackered after a couple of rides and only lasted about 4 months after which the zip broke. I only opened it about 5 times too.

That was replaced with an Ortlieb mud racer which seems bomb-proof but has only had a little bit of use so far. First impressions are that it is much better build and design-wise.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

I have a large Ortlieb, only used it once or twice but it's very waterproof (as with everything Ortlieb). I bought it for a road century but realised it was much bigger than I needed and reverted to stuffing things in my jersey on road and backpack off road.

singletracksurfer

hmm, yeah think I'll go with ortleib.

What size – are you saying large (1litre) is too big?
    0.7 litre sounds too small

Ta

RestlessNative
    Free Member

This one

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Ortlieb_Large_Saddle_Bag/5360007523/

you could take your pet rabbit for a ride with it*

I got pump, tool, innertube, spare shirt, energy bars, banana and jam sandwiches in

*usual asphyxiation warnings associated with transporting rodents in waterproof bags apply

jamesb
    Free Member

Large Ortlieb great, had one for nearly 10 years, takes 2 x tubes, levers, multitool, waterproof, spare gloves, base layer , wallet, gel bars. Totally waterproof, acts as a minor mudguard too Much prefer this to stuffing bits in jersey pockets. Perhaps doesn`t look teh part though on top spec carbon road bike!

singletracksurfer

jamesb – you aren't taklking about the large (1litre) mudplugger are you???

13thfloormonk

That large Ortlieb bag is brilliant, I use it for a change of clothes and a pair of flip-flops and can start overnighting/hostelling with the road bike. This opens up some serious options for racing about the highlands! 😀

jamesb
    Free Member

Yes the large one, takes a lot of stuff—the roll top one as in here http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Ortlieb_Large_Saddle_Bag/5360007523/#more

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lezyme caddy or ortleib waterproof seatpack?’ is closed to new replies.