Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Leylandii bush Question,
  • project
    Free Member

A freind has a leylandi hedge about 15 foot long, which the gardner trimmed last year but cut to much off it, so it died on the inside.

Last week he cut it down, as it looked terrible, dead on the inside of the hedge,and posed a fire risk,(leylandi go up like a firework when dry).There is a chainlink fence on his side behind what was the old hedge so security is not compromised

Now his neighbours want a new fence as they dont want to look onto his driveway, should he pay for the fence, he cant afford and doesnt want, or let the neighbour put one up on his side of the chain link fence and they pay for it.

Stoner
    Free Member

Assuming the leylandii was on his side of the fence, then its up to the neighbours to do what they want on their side.

For neighbourly harmony though, it might be an idea for him to offer to erect the fence for their benefit if they pay for the panels and materials.

bassspine
    Free Member

If my neighbours cut down their bloody leylandii I’d be overjoyed. Horrible things.

mudshark
    Free Member

The hedge was on his side right? I can’t believe he is under any obligation to do anything – it they don’t like the chainlink fence (I wouldn’t) then they can put a fence up on their side.

bassspine
    Free Member

I’d offer to help the neighbour put a fence up if he’d bought one. Our neighbours both sides are nice people.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Leylandii bush Question,’ is closed to new replies.