Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Levi Commuter Jeans – any good?
  • geoffj

I thought I might treat myself and quite fancy the look of these.
    There are weekend days when I’ll often take the kids out for a pootle on the bikes and thought these might be good for that – rather than changing into more cycling specific gear.

Whaddya think?

maccruiskeen

The reviews I’ve seen suggest the Levi’s stuff misses the mark- too hot and quite crinkly/crumply to wear. That and there’s hardly anywhere that sells them. Better offerings from Swrve maybe.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Plenty of places sell it, particularly online.

The jeans/trousers fit true to size in my experience. The jackets
    are a little on the slim side, but I think that’s deliberate.

For what it’s worth I’m 6 ft tall, 40 inch chest, 32 inch waist and
    12 1/4 stone and have the 32/32 jeans and a medium denim jacket.
    It’s fairly expensive, but then so is everything.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Denim + Rain = Er, no.

Unless you’re a fair weather fairy, I can’t see the point, TBH.

geoffj

Denim + Rain = Er, no.

I live in Scotland – why on earth would the weather be a problem 😯

*returns to hiut jeans website and checks down back of sofa for an spare change

josemctavish
    Free Member

Haven’t tried the Levis, but have a pair of Muxu denims from alwaysriding which are the comfiest jeans I’ve ever owned and would definitely recommend.

Graham_Clark

I have some Swrve jeans, and they are ace. As they are also made with Cordura re-inforced denim they last ages too and look pretty good off the bike as well.

CaptJon
    Free Member

josemctavish – Member
    Haven’t tried the Levis, but have a pair of Muxu denims from alwaysriding which are the comfiest jeans I’ve ever owned and would definitely recommend.

What’s the fit like? Baggy/tight?

josemctavish
    Free Member

Somewhere in between I’d say – they look like a smart pair of denims but the cut and stretch in the material makes them really comfortable, plus they do a long length which suits me.

martinhutch

Alpkit used to do a denim that was pretty water resistant and stretchy for climbers. Don’t know how they would cope with commuting conditions, or whether you’d end up wrapped around your chainring.

http://www.alpkit.com/jeanius/

orena45

+1 for Muxu jeans

TiRed

Think they are 511s with water repellant fabric and some 3M reflective tape. In this country they don’t stock my 31/32 size, but my normal 511s are comfortable for cycling modest distances. I chose another pair of 511 cut trousers instead when I was in the US earlier this year.

flyingmonkeycorps

Don’t think the Alpkit ones were stretchy, mine certainly aren’t. Moon do / used to do stretchy climbing ones.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Prana do 4 way stretch ones or Alpinestars do proper Kevlar lined jeans. Axiom is the model 😉

CaptJon
    Free Member

josemctavish – Member
    Somewhere in between I’d say – they look like a smart pair of denims but the cut and stretch in the material makes them really comfortable, plus they do a long length which suits me.

Thanks. I might invest.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Do they do them in skinny?

geoffj

Skinnier! 😀

hammyuk
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

drlex
    Free Member

Alpkit used to do a denim that was pretty water resistant and stretchy for climbers.

I have a pair; mild water repellancy and no stretchiness- the only real benefit is a panel in the crotch that prevents a seam along the saddle line. Swrve and others are a better bet for cycling?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Levi Commuter Jeans – any good?’ is closed to new replies.