Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Levers for cable discs – can I use either of these?
  • stevied
    Free Member

XTR ST-M950 or XTR ST-M900?
    Both were combined brake/shifters but have had the shifters removed. Would be going on a kids bike.

scaredypants

I *think* so. Not sure if anything odd happened with xtr cable pull in any of the model years but generally speaking, a lever that could work a normal v-brake would be OK with a “mtb” cable disc such as a BB7 or whatever

scaredypants

… actually, the m900 may be for cantis, in which case prob don’t pull enough to work easily

Pickers

If they’re V brake levers they’ll work with MTB brakes. If they’re the canti versions they should work with roadie brakes I’d have thought.

shermer75
    Free Member

One of them is missing the doobry that holds the cable

wzzzz
    Free Member

The M950 is for V brakes so will work with an MTB cable pull disc brake, e.g. BB7 MTB

The M900 is for canti brakes and will with with a road cable pull disc brake e.g. BB7 ROAD

If you have a pair of the M950 use them as MTB vcable pull discs are more common and cheaper.

If you have one of each…. then get one of each brakes? Or one of the V brake cable pull adapter things for the M900

stevied
    Free Member

Thanks all. I’m only putting one on so will go with the 950.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Levers for cable discs – can I use either of these?’ is closed to new replies.