Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LEV Clamp Bolts
  • mmel
    Free Member

So my LEV is nicely installed and I’m just about getting used to rail saddles after a couple of years on an I-beam.

Anyone else find the KS LEV’s clamp bolts to have heads of cheese. It says on the label you can torque to 10nm. I barely got to half that before the hex bit chewed them up. Any ideas for replacement?

Thank you.

Northwind

10nm is bugger all- were the bolts seriously shallow or slack? The heads could be literally made of cheese and would still torque to 10nm, as long as it was a good strong cheese anyway.

Pridds

Yep, rounded the front one of mine off trying to get it 10nm. Superstar do spares but i wanted something a bit less cheese like so i got a m6 bolt that uses a 5mm allen key and use one of the cone shaped washers from a set of v brake pads to get the curved surface of the original bolt. Has worked a treat

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    JoeG
    Free Member

No problem here; I thought that the saddle clamp hardware was very well made on mine. I have a torque wrench, and did it up as tight as it said to.

I do wish that the two nuts that the seat rail clamp bolts thread into were cylindrical instead of spherical so they didn’t spin when the bolts are tightened. This is a real PITA when everything is all greased up!

mmel
    Free Member

OK, all is well now. Two bolts removed from my old SDG posts fit the LEV’s nuts and they have proper strong heads.

All torqued up and ready to go now.

Panic over, carry on 8)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘LEV Clamp Bolts’ is closed to new replies.