Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Leukaemia update
  • mindmap3
    Free Member

Good luck. Hope you manage to beat it once and for all.

My life has been touched by various forms of the Big C too much. My uncle was Leukaemia when he was 30. I can’t remember which form now, he had to have two transplants (luckily one of my aunts was a match), I won’t go into too much detail because ultimately he lost his battle and I don’t want to bring any negativity into your thread.

He found being away from his two girls very hard (two and four at the time and the centre of his world). When he was asnt in hospital, he made the most of his tine with them and ensured that he enjoyed life as much as he could, in only ways he could too! Wierdly we’ve got some oddly fond memories of that time…like him missing his (to be) sister in laws wedding but still writing a best man speech and making a close friend read it out whilst wearing a bald head cap! And him going skiing a week or two after his first transplant.

Once, again good luck and give it a kicking.

tobywise

Hi Keith – so sorry to read this and wishing you all the very best. If a positive attitude and love for life and adventure is what it takes to see the back of leukemia you’ve definitely got it nailed. Hope to see you on the deck of a yacht again soon (having seen it only once before and then only briefly 🙂 !!)

I see in a previous post that you should eat whenever you feel you can – with several 3PYR’s under your belt that should come naturally!

Wishing you well, and soon.

Toby

garage-dweller

Keith

Best of luck with the treatment. Don’t know what else to say really other than I hope the General takes good care of you.

29erKeith
    Free Member

cheers Toby fingers crossed all will be well in the end. I’ve managed to put on a little bit of weight today on hospital food + snacks from friends and family which is good.

Southampton general is the best place it’s a regional centre for haematology and leukaemia so I’m in the best place and thankfully it’s close to home, friends family and work so plenty of visitors so far which has been great.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Leukaemia update’ is closed to new replies.