Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Letting agents and silly Fees
  • nixon_fiend
    Free Member

Considering how little work these people seem to do, it constantly amazes me that they will always charge a ‘fee’ when any bloody thing needs doing i.e. basically their job.

I live in a shared property with 2 others, we are on a joint 12 month contract and due to a new job offer I have to move out with 4 months remaining.

I have gone to the trouble of finding a replacement tenant to join the others & see out the contract, ensured everything is sorted – They have paid a £50 admin fee… But now the agency want £150 out of me for leaving the contract. What for? The principle? I could understand it, if I was just walking away – But considering I did all the work in finding a new tenant (and their £50 fee covered the admin) are they just trying to pull a fast one? Gah!

Rant over, feel a bit better.

jon1973
    Free Member

Bite the bullet. Go in to the letting agents office, pull your trousers down and sh1t on the floor. If you have time, you can wee in their shoes too.

Lifer
    Free Member

Is there anything about it in your tenancy agreement/t&cs?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    binners

There was an article on this in’t paper last week.

Due to the massive increase in the demand for rented housing, as no-one can get a mortgage, letting agents are gleefully embracing their inner scum-bag.

They are basically just ripping everyone off at every turn, and pulling stunts that are actually drifting into fraudulent/criminal behavior.

Welcome back to the 1980’s, I’m afraid

toys19
    Free Member

Just don’t pay it, expect your full deposit back, your deposit is in a protection scheme allow the scheme arbitrators to decide, they will decide in your favour.

convert

There are some utter cocks that’s for sure.

Boot’s on the foot now as we let out the house we own (well, pay a mortgage on) and rent a house for a peppercorn amount from my employer. Our tenants who moved out last year made a proper mess of the carpets – obviously smoked and had pets against the T&Cs – stains and burns everywhere. When we discussed claiming against their deposit at first they were having non of it as “it would be too much bother”. Too much bother for you love, as you’re used to just raking in the 10% commision and hundreds of pounds in admin fees for sitting on your fat lazy arse; but it ain’t going to be any bother for me – that’s why we pay you. It was only when we got proper in her face ancy and reminded her who was working for who in this relationship that she motivated herself to do some work. That was £400 we really needed to sort the damage and she would have happily written off.

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

http://www.allagents.co.uk/citi-quays/

😯

I guess I should’ve read the reviews first 🙄

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Letting agents and silly Fees’ is closed to new replies.