Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)
  • Lets talk man bags….
  • wwaswas

teadrinker – I hope you told him he could have bought a bike for that!

patriotpro
    Free Member

Did it come with unlimited free shandy? 😉

Kryton57

Pik n Mix – Member
    He’s not. It’s a satchel for sure, but a very nice satchel.

Thangyouverymush.

I will concede that according to the O.E.D. its a satchel.

Crankboy I reckon everything you mention goes in there. Without using the front pockets I have and LT and its PSU, several Apple cables and sundry items (pens, hayfever tablets) and an ipad mini. I haven’t put anything in the document section either yet. 🙂

willard

Bah! This is a proper man bag!

Pockets for magazines, smoke and frag, space for link and claymores

crankboy
    Free Member

For the price of the Louis vuitton bag he could have 40.6 of my hand bag and rucksack combo and carry a lot more.

TiRed

Obvious satchel is obvious…

“a rectangular bag, usually made of leather or cloth and provided with a shoulder strap, used for carrying books, esp school books”

Should have gone for a Mulberry Antony for that metrosexual, unisex, city-smart, ipod-toting look.

slowoldman

What on earth are you girls carting around? Is it all your male cosmetics?

I have used a man bag bag in the past – it was a small clutch bag of the type often seen in Germany or Italy. Or carried by the man from the Pru. Big enough to empty my pockets into, not to carry the kitchen sink.

fasthaggis

it was a small clutch bag

There could be a whole new thread about that 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

About what exactly. Its not my fault that you lack the class and subtle approval of the silent majority that appreciate my new bag.

Nope you are right, I’ve a lot to learn.. But I’m watching you with beady eyes, noting everything to wear and the way you walk.
    😉

teadrinker
    Free Member

teadrinker – I hope you told him he could have bought a bike for that!

I did and received blank looks.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Scaramanga

As for what does it carry, iPad, glasses, keys, change

atlaz
    Free Member

Kryton, earlier

mogrim

it was a small clutch bag

God, they actually exist 😯

bikebouy
    Free Member

Moleskine webby

For all you lovers of “baggettes” Moleskine do some nice stuff..You know, just in case you all go and turn all London on us.

jambourgie
    Free Member

slowoldman

mogrim – what the hell is that?
    THIS is a what I was referring to:

Nobby

FWIW Kryton, I quite like that satchel.

When If you decide to put it in the classifieds I’ll have first dibs 🙂

mogrim

mogrim – what the hell is that?

Google image search for “man clutch bags”

Here’s another you might like:

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Jesus, Mary and Joseph The original satchel is looking positively alpha male compared to the clutch purse. That really deserves it’s own thread.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@mogrim – classic fashion error there with the shoes/clutch bag mismatch, needs more delicate footwear, ideally with a heel.

@bikebouy – pigbag squealer, I have one and very useful but have to admit it’s usually gets the wrong sort of attention, great name though

The Squealer

mogrim

TIL:

Mentioned this thread to my Spanish workmates, apparently the male clutch bag is known as a “mariconera”; “maricón” is an insult meaning effeminate (probably gay) man in Spanish.

Kryton57

Nobby – Member
    FWIW Kryton, I quite like that satchel.

Its appeal doubles once you smell it.

cliffyc
    Free Member

The “Ooh hello!”,factor of the Man-Bag has a lot to do with size of bag and length of strappage, I feel….

bikebouy
    Free Member

@jambo, pig bags, is Amanda still making them in Hamble? I’ve a totally shagged out kitbag from back in the 90’s from her, it’s ruined..
    Mind, so am I.. 😆

CountZero

What on earth are you girls carting around? Is it all your male cosmetics?

I have used a man bag bag in the past – it was a small clutch bag of the type often seen in Germany or Italy. Or carried by the man from the Pru. Big enough to empty my pockets into, not to carry the kitchen sink.
    The old Karrimor courier bag I use for work weighs about the same as the kitchen sink!
    The amount of stuff it has stuffed into it looks pointless, but is often needed, like today when a colleague suddenly needed an Allen key for a piece of machinery, and I could offer him a choice of three multitools.
    There’s also a zip case with various USB connectors, phone connectors, portable battery chargers, etc.
    Plus pens, zip-ties…
    I’ve got three courier bags, a small Polaris one I bought at the Bike Show years ago, which I use when I’m out walking, to carry my binoculars, camera, waterproof/windproof, travel flask, water, etc, my work Karrimor, and a large Timbuctoo that’s my weekend/days out back.
    Not posh or stylish like the OP’s rather tasty satchel, but I couldn’t be without them, much easier to access than a rucksack.
    If I did a lot of travelling, that satchel would be an ideal carry-on bag.

MrSmith
    Free Member

*Strokes pussy & tugs beard*

*thinks about moving to Camden*

camden is for druggies not luvvies. when was the last time you went there? i’m guessing when the rave scene was big and the internet hadn’t been invented? only that was the last time Camden was cool.

CountZero

Here’s a man’s bag, WW2 Canadian Officer’s bag:
    http://www.hammacher.com/Product/Default.aspx?sku=12393

Tilley do a version too:

http://www.tilley.com/uk_en/intrepid-bag.html

theotherjonv

I’ve had a ‘manbag’ for years; choice of a suede satchel thing* or a small courier bag**. When my girls were small it was perfect for trips, with some spare nappies, wet wipes, assorted picture books and snacks. Now it has wet wipes (still always useful) a multitool, a minipump, snacks, dog biscuits, dog poo bags, and some toilet paper (in case daughters now need a wildpiss). Far better to grab it and go, covering any possible outing, than have to faff each time.

* expensive one my wife bought me

** £4.99 from on-one, now the go-to while the suede one languishes under the stairs

simon_g

Moleskine webby

For all you lovers of “baggettes” Moleskine do some nice stuff..You know, just in case you all go and turn all London on us.

I had a look at that in their shop. Disappointingly plastic feeling (as it is) for over £100.

vickypea
    Free Member

Hee hee! All you blokes discussing man bags. I never discuss handbags except when I have to go to a posh do and don’t own a handbag, and then I can be heard panicking about it!

zippykona

Just bought this Tatchell Satchel. Perfect for carrying things round Richmond Park.

Cougar

That Tilly is lovely, but how much?! 😯

I’m a geek, my trousers are at capacity so I have a little Manta Ray canvas thing. Fits two phones, wallet, Nexus 7, SAK, USB keys, pen, Moleskin notepad, and assorted cruft that I might need on the day like lunch, letters that need posting or some such.

Kryton57

Interesting how this thread has quickly developed from a pisstake to uber chic. I suspect the former posters have spent the night on their iPads googling satchels and think “hmmm, I might just need one… ”

matthewjb
    Free Member

Tilley bag £180

I’ve got one of these. Similar but a bit cheaper

mrben101
    Free Member

Got one of these last year – carries a 15″ MacBook Pro, all the cables, iPad, sketch book, leatherman and anything else I need I just stuff in it. Like the idea of the additional strap for when I’m riding, though to be honest I’ve not used it yet.

http://www.sandqvist.net/en/messenger-bag-erik-blue-sqa145.html?grp=2217188

I’ve tried cheaper bags but they usually die on me after a year of abuse.

brakes
    Free Member

do you people not have pockets?

Cougar

How many pairs of jeans do you own that can fit a tablet?

maccruiskeen

Speeder

I quite like the Brooks Bags

Can’t justify the cost mind.

brakes
    Free Member

How many pairs of jeans do you own that can fit a tablet?

Do you people not have hands?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Lets talk man bags….’ is closed to new replies.