Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 636 total)
  • Lets talk about Man Utd
  • MSP

United fans need to get used to a new reality, they will change managers just as often as any other team now, maybe even more frequently as they try and find their feet after the Fergi reign.

As they did between Busby and Fergie, they have had 2 long serving managers, and 20-30 who have lasted just as long as managers at other clubs.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

He has been an absolute disaster – really hope he stays.
    Saying that, he seems a decent bloke and did a decent job at Everton – pretty poor of United not to come out and dispel the rumours and leave him dangling but as Junkyard says, they’ve got to tell the stock exchange first. Regardless of who they get in its not going to be a quick fix. They need a whole new defence, two central midfielders and are saddled with a declining Rooney earning megabucks, expecting to be captain and have a say in future transfers as well. You can’t just spend £100m on 5 pr 6 players and expect them to gel – look at Spurs. They’ll do really well to avoid a lengthy decline akin to Liverpool post 1990.

geoffj

pretty poor of United not to come out and dispel the rumours and leave him dangling but as Junkyard says,

I’d be amazed if he wasn’t already aware of what was going to happen tomorrow.

nick1962
    Free Member

jambalaya
    Free Member

He’s been a dead man walking for a while. That picture of the Everton fan dressed as the grim reaper is priceless. Sad fact is that ManU are still getting worse. Moyes hasn’t helped himself by firing the back room staff and getting all his mates in, in the transfer market his sole pre-season signing was Felini as the BBC point out why would you trust him with the squad rebuilding job. He seemed a decent manager but football isn’t kind to those who can’t deliver the results.

nick1962
    Free Member

hora – Member

Neil Lennon or Ally McCoist 2014-2015 season.

Wildcard-Henrik Larsson
    😯 hora you have clearly partied too hard over the extended Bank Holiday weekend
    Awhile back the bookies favourite for the next Man U manager was Fergie…
    Is it the Busby thing allover again?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d be amazed if he wasn’t already aware of what was going to happen tomorrow.

Yeah, JY, what aren’t you telling us?

nick1962
    Free Member

but football isn’t kind to those who can’t deliver the results.

Football is about delivering results,simples (whim of billionaire owners aside).

convert

The Premier League need a healthy Man U like F1 needs a healthy Ferrari – they are the recognisable brand within a brand for the overseas (asian) market.

If you were a first class manager at another top club elsewhere in the world settled in your role (i.e. the sort of leader united are probably looking for) you would have to think long and hard before leaving all that and taking the job – it could go through a few hands before they settle down at or near the top of the pile again.

PrinceJohn

There was a piece a while ago about how much them not being in the Champs League next season would cost them, it figured because of their popularity overseas & income they can survive a season out of it, but 2 or 3 seasons would be troublesome…

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

And without the Champions League they won’t attract top players. It’d be a bonus for them if they miss out on the Europa League next season to solely concentrate on the league.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and how will this make Man U better?

PrinceJohn

Less games to play, similar to Liverpool this season, their squad is fresher as they’ve not played as many games as city or Chelsea.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sorry I meant sacking Moyes, most people seem to blame him one minute and the Glazers the next, though why the people who put the windows in have to do with it I have no idea.

MSP

Done deal.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27107795

Time to laugh at all the united fans who crowed so loudly about giving their managers time 😆

sharkbait
    Free Member

…and he’s gone. No surprise there then – what a mess for him!

Jamie
    Free Member

Million new threads coming in 5….4….3…

hora
    Free Member

One of the hardest jobs in the world, impossible to take and impossible to turn down.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Dammit!

martinhutch

Is this on Ebay yet?

derekfish
    Free Member

17 million? For abject failure…

binners

As long as the same parasites are running the club as a cash cow, then I can’t see how this is possibly going to help matters.

I never thought I’d quote Terry Chrisian, but he said something bang on, on the radio this morning. A fish rots from the head. The problem isn’t the manager. The problem is the way the club has been run for the last 6-7 years. Its a mess!! This was always going to happen. Its a testament to Fergie that he managed to paper over the cracks for this long. There will be no quick fix. Whoever takes over will still be faced with the same problems, and unless things fundamentally change at the top (i.e. get rid of the leeches who ‘own’ the club) then this is merely the start of a long, expensive, Liverpool-style decline

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I feel for the guy.

But body language gave it away a long time ago. The fit was never there.

MSP

17 million? For abject failure…

If you’re talking about his payout, sounds like there was a clause in his contract allowing him to be sacked if he didn’t achieve a CL place.

hora
    Free Member

binners they are giving near on a 1/4million in the hope it’ll buy success.

Can’t you see that football isn’t about a sport or hobby? Its about buying results. Don’t try and approach romanticing it.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Binners – you need to take it a level above that IMO.

binners

binners they are giving near on a 1/4million in the hope it’ll buy success.

Yeah… so they say. I’ll believe it when I see it. And if they do, then its just blind panic as they realise that their bloodsucking over the years has inevitably destroyed the goose that lays the golden eggs. They’ve destroyed their precious ‘brand’. Typical financiers. They know the price of everything, and the value of nothing 🙄

Maybe they need a true authority on the game to take over then? You had any approaches yet Hora?

hora
    Free Member

oops I mean going on a 1/4 billion.

1/4million is Huddersfield Towns budget.

Maybe they need a true authority on the game to take over then? You had any approaches yet Hora?

Well the last manager wasn’t their first choice was he…

binners

1/4 billion doesn’t even begin to cover what they’re leveraged buyout has cost the club in interest payments alone. Without getting into the hundreds of millions they’ve paid themselves in the process. All money that should have been used over the years to rebuild the squad. Not to prop up ailing malls in America

Rockape63
    Free Member

oh well…what do I know!

😆

grum
    Free Member

Gutted. 🙁

hora
    Free Member

binners, as a plastic United fan surely all you care about is buying success next season?

Rockape63
    Free Member

oops I mean going on a 1/4 billion.

Trouble is there are now more rich clubs willing to spend big bucks on top players….than there are top players!

Interesting times ahead!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well looks like he is ready for a trip to the north east then…

And now time for Man U to hit the manager merry go round, if the previous lot gave fergie a chance, his achievements kept him there. The guys who give people a chance are no longer at Man U, so time for the Chelski approach and 1 (or 2) managers a season for the next 5 years and then install a stannah stair lift to get fergie in and out of the dugouts 🙂

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer club.

hora
    Free Member

Trouble is there are now more rich clubs willing to spend big bucks on top players

OOF! People took the piss out of Chelski when Abrama took over but apart from the money who else was there to compete with Man Ures spend? 😉

binners

The difference is that United spent the income it generated, as it was a massively profitable business.

Rockape63
    Free Member

The difference is that United spent the income it generated, as it was a massively profitable business.

Indeed…please don’t bring Chelski into it….we are not talking about Clubs who have bought their Trophies!

MSP

The financial fair play rules were brought in to protect the big established clubs positions, now that one of them is outside the CL at the wrong time, I wonder how long the rules will last. I bet this was never envisaged when the rules were created.

United was in the right position at the right time to take advantage of the new wealth generated by the premier league and CL expansion. Now they are in the wrong position at the wrong time.

geoffj

As long as the same parasites are running the club as a cash cow, then I can’t see how this is possibly going to help matters.

I never thought I’d quote Terry Chrisian, but he said something bang on, on the radio this morning. A fish rots from the head. The problem isn’t the manager. The problem is the way the club has been run for the last 6-7 years. Its a mess!! This was always going to happen. Its a testament to Fergie that he managed to paper over the cracks for this long. There will be no quick fix. Whoever takes over will still be faced with the same problems, and unless things fundamentally change at the top (i.e. get rid of the leeches who ‘own’ the club) then this is merely the start of a long, expensive, Liverpool-style decline

This ^^

I wasn’t a fan of Moyes, but he had a very difficult job and should have been given more time.
    Who next?
    Mourinho as an outside bet?

pondo

The search has begun…

Although that wasn’t where I expected them to start.

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 636 total)

The topic ‘Lets talk about Man Utd’ is closed to new replies.