Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • lets talk about Bikepark Wales
  • funkhouser
    Free Member

visiting tomorrow for the first time. just looking for advice on best / worst trails etc. worst sounds unfair, just best suited then? done plenty of uplift before and enjoy say the Pleney Black but mainly a trail rider. ill be on a big bouncy session 8 but my mate on a 140mm Yeti, but we wanna generally ride the same tracks. Are the reds still pretty full on like at Antur? and how gnar are the blacks – similar/easier or harder than Anturs Y Du? ta

nickjb
    Free Member

Nowhere near as gnaar as antur. It’s easy to ride pretty much all the trails in the morning so start on the blues and work up. Its more flowy and swoopy than tech. Much more like the downhill bits of a trail centre without needing to ride up!

jamesfts
    Free Member

As above, if you’ve a shorter travel bike then take it. I was in 2 minds over what bike to take and really glad I opted for my trail bike, if I went again I wouldn’t even put the dual plys on.

The 140mm yeti will be bang on, a DH bike will be overkill for 90% of the stuff at BPW.

Nothing as gnar as Antur by a long shot, some fun track but very much a trail centre with an uplift.

funkhouser
    Free Member

bloody hell, do you not even full facer it then?

funkhouser
    Free Member

i live up north but work in Bristol. my mate lives here so were just skiving off for the day and driving over. ive only brought big bike and full face!

jamesfts
    Free Member

Yeah, I’d take a full face and knee pads just down the speeds you can hit, also some big jumps and drops if that’s your bag.

Being on a big bike should still be fun, just wouldn’t be my weapon of choice. I’d miss out the blues (and some reds!) unless you fancy a pedal fest.

creamegg
    Free Member

I full faced the other day as i had uplift. Wouldn’t bother otherwise. I wouldn’t class the trails as full on Dh and i was on a black the other day and thinking this is too flat to be a black! Having said that some of the trails are seriously fast and get better and better the faster you hit them (eg insufficient funds, rim dinger and willy waver, amongst others). Some of the black and red trails have a few more jumpy features but nothing overly technical. Its an awesome day out, especially with uplift.

Edit. As above the dh bike will be hard work on some blues and red

funkhouser
    Free Member

Ordinarily id have said no way to pedalfests but ive done a few races lately where it appears pedalling where you wouldnt normally bother is how you get results! so im kindda practicing that!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘lets talk about Bikepark Wales’ is closed to new replies.