Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Lets sort my throat problem!
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Had it for years now, and I get it in two forms.
    When I ride hard usually in colder weather I produce a lot of snot which can cause me to gag sometimes.
    The other time is more random (like now) when for no reason I get this feeling that there's something in my throat that won't clear.
    I'm not sure how the two are linked if at all, but I'm begining to think it might be alergy that causes the random side. And I think it might be the difference between my inner body temperature and the cold air causing the riding side of it.
    Now today I had porridge for breky, no probs. Then a Ham sandwich, Kit-Kat and Banana for lunch, nothing else. I think it might be the chocolate and God forbid the bread which was white.
    The other thing is I don't drink enough.
    Any opinions

iDave
    Free Member

its rhinitis

you can get nasal sprays

cut out dairy and drink lots of water

woody2000

You have a touch of hypochondriaticfeckallwrongwiyaitis 🙂

Keva
    Free Member

drink more. Even if it doesn't sort yer throat out at least you be worrying about being dehydrated as well.

Kev

roper
    Free Member

(..have to find strength…..must not …post..something rude…)

oldgit
    Free Member

Don't get a runny nose like a cold that Rhinits suggests.
    This has come about when I stopped getting any form of hayfever!

Keva
    Free Member

roper…. was thinking the same but safe in the knowledge that hora will be along soon offer his cure…

Kev

iDave
    Free Member

you don't need to show cold symptoms to have rhinitis – also called post nasal drip

i had all the tests as I was constantly clearing my throat (which wasn't a nervous thing)

i found i didn't need the sprays after i cut out dairy and started drinking more water

GTDave
    Free Member

Allergic rhinitis / post nasal drip.
    I have it, and regularly used to get sore throats from it.
    Doctor reccomended 'nasal irrigation' using something called a Netti pot.
    Basically involves washing out your sinuses using mild salt water every now and again, with something akin to a little watering can shoved up your hooter.
    Sorted my nose / throat problems out a treat!
    Before using it, I could barely breathe through my nose.

zaskar
    Free Member

I get the runny dose that irritates my throat if I haven't ridden in a while-hormones during exercise affecting your immune system to trigger and some wind chill.

Some people get over it quickly.

I never get it in warm countries only cold Igerlund. Packing…

avdave2

As iDave suggests try cutting out dairy for a while. Are you warming up enough on cold days? I have had a similar experience if I've ridden or run to hard right from the off on cold days. I'd avoid using drops until you've given dairy free a try.

MrNutt
    Free Member

do you suffer from indigestion regularly? it could be reflux? (if you're unlucky you'll be blessed with GERD like wot I got.)

hora
    Free Member

You might need your sinuse drilling.

johnners
    Free Member

Cut out dairy? Where TF has that specific diagnosis come from? Next thing you'll be having that McKeith witch rooting through his poo saying it stinks.

erbii
    Free Member

johnners.. 8)

hora
    Free Member

Make way make way…I am a Herbalist

oldgit
    Free Member

MrNutt
    I get reflux only well into a 24 solo then it's pretty bad. How are the two linked?

And Hora is that a HSS bit or masonary bit, and should I have it on hammer action?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Lets sort my throat problem!’ is closed to new replies.