Viewing 23 posts - 121 through 143 (of 143 total)
  • lets see your long travel hardtails with extra grrrrrr
  • messiah
    Free Member

Here is some older grrrr – before the forks failed and the frame cracked 😯

Photo taken in winch up mode obviously…

messiah
    Free Member

Er?

PJ266
    Free Member

Cove Stiffee.

I have a lot of love for this bike.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    angryratio
    Free Member

One of the lads i ride with used to have that dmr.. was lush.. silly big 66’s on front..

And my bro’s NS that gets used for everything from bootie calls to riding to the pub.

grannygrinder
    Free Member

D’oh

BadlyWiredDog

This is my hard-core rad wagon. The big front tyre is more than adequate for anything in the UK and is way more capable than my AM full susser. I’ve still yet to push its limits in anger, but so far it’s just confirmed that no-one needs front suspension on UK trails and certainly no more than 80mm when it is fitted. I don’t really see the point of all these over-forked mince-core steeds etc.

loum
    Free Member

Nice troll bike.

Bernaard
    Free Member

Freshly powdercoated Blue Pig Mk1 :mrgreen:
    Built yesterday. To be tested tomorrow on the Chase.
    Could it be end of days for the Spicy??

Terry
    Free Member

smartay

Bernaard

The powder coat loks just like the “Skwoosh” colour, problems with the original paint.

lets eee some shots in its home environment, on the hills!!

deviant
    Free Member

BadlyWiredDog….why dont you enter the 661 Gravity Enduro races next year and put your theory to the test?
    Cotic are one of the sponsors and offering prizes for the highest placed HT….the races are at known trail centres so your rigid HT that ‘is more than adequate for anything in the UK’ should cope admirably.

I prefer a HT too but i’m not daft enough to think i will cover ground faster on my HT than i will on my FS….riding the HT is about line choice and finesse….riding the FS is about ploughing through whatever is in the way….the FS is much faster on anything other than climbs….theres a good reason why there were only a handful of us on HTs at the Gravity Enduros last year.

GavinB

@deviant – I think you’ll find he’s pulling your leg, being ironic or, some might say, trolling 😉

GavinB

Now split and sold, but a hoot to ride (except for those rubbish Wotans, which made even Maverick forks seem progressive).

BadlyWiredDog

BadlyWiredDog….why dont you enter the 661 Gravity Enduro races next year and put your theory to the test?
    Cotic are one of the sponsors and offering prizes for the highest placed HT….the races are at known trail centres so your rigid HT that ‘is more than adequate for anything in the UK’ should cope admirably.

I prefer a HT too but i’m not daft enough to think i will cover ground faster on my HT than i will on my FS….riding the HT is about line choice and finesse….riding the FS is about ploughing through whatever is in the way….the FS is much faster on anything other than climbs….theres a good reason why there were only a handful of us on HTs at the Gravity Enduros last year.

I’m sure it would be fine despite your evident doubts. I come at things from a slightly different angle than you. What matter is not outright speed per se, but the feeling of speed and on that basis, I suspect my bike would be significantly faster than many full sussers. I’m not saying it would win, I’m not that naive, but perceptively I think it would be right up there. You could always borrow it if you feel under-biked?

Bernaard
    Free Member

@Smartay when I got the used frame it was black and the paint needed some tlc to say the least
    Hence the powder coat in signal orange or 2009 in powder coat terms
    Happy as I wanted the orange colour originally

honourablegeorge

BadlyWiredDog – Member

I’m sure it would be fine despite your evident doubts. I come at things from a slightly different angle than you. What matter is not outright speed per se, but the feeling of speed and on that basis, I suspect my bike would be significantly faster than many full sussers. I’m not saying it would win, I’m not that naive, but perceptively I think it would be right up there. You could always borrow it if you feel under-biked?

So it wouldn’t actually be faster, but would feel faster?

Is there a separate podium for that?

BadlyWiredDog

So it wouldn’t actually be faster, but would feel faster?

Is there a separate podium for that?

There should be. I think I meant ‘perceptually’ btw. Or something like that. My point is that people on full sussers might think they were faster than me on my rigid, but in my reality, not.

chiefgrooveguru

I’ve never heard someone get so confused about the difference between perception and reality – in future I shall MTB down the motorway to visit friends and relatives because it feels a lot faster along singletrack than my car does on a country road…

BadlyWiredDog

I don’t know why I bother.

soobalias
    Free Member

some lovely looking bikes, some horrors too.

main thing that jumps out at me is oversized headtubes making skinny stanch’d forks look weird.

el_diablo
    Free Member

Here’s mine

eyerideit
    Free Member

el_diablo is that your house?

Very grand 🙂

el_diablo
    Free Member

eyerideit,

don’t be daft, that’s just my garden shed!

Viewing 23 posts - 121 through 143 (of 143 total)

The topic ‘lets see your long travel hardtails with extra grrrrrr’ is closed to new replies.