• This topic has 26 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Muke.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Lets see your Langster.
  • yodagoat
    Free Member

Lets see some pics of your Specialized Langsters. I just pushed the button on one today?
    What do you think of yours?

PrinceJohn

DSCN2236

My old one, now sadly with someone else, I miss it but my knees definitely dont!

yodagoat
    Free Member

I’ll mostly be using mine to commute on the flat, but I’ll probably tan the trannys up redstone rig on it too.

yodagoat
    Free Member

Just the one? I though more folk would have pics or at least an opinion on the awesome Langster?

Militant_biker

Had mine for ~7 years now, this is the original geometry version, apparently. Been running it fixed for 6 years. Used to have 48:18 but moved to an in-town commute with lots of stop/starts, so dropped it to a 42:18. It’s had a new pair of wheels, and it’s onto it’s 3rd drivetrain. 4th set of bottom bracket bearings too.

Love it. Total beast of burden; it gets shown little love. And it still works.

amedias
    Free Member

I have one, its pretty sha99ed now…but then the only love it’s had is new brake pads (normally about a fortnight after I hear the metal on metal sound) and a new pair of tyres.

been using it to commute on for the last 2 1/2 – 3 years, it’s now dirty, grimy, rusty, rattly, clicky, creaky, scratched and dented but it still works!

I’m quite fond of it in a weird way…

brack
    Free Member

Used daily

breadcrumb

Picked this up the other week. Quite enjoying it, it’s first road bike too.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

You call them Langsters? THIS is a Langster (though sadly not mine)

beckykirk43
    Free Member

I had one for a while, new owner has now thrown a lot of money at it – it’s lovely!

Muke
    Free Member

Not getting used much at the moment as fed up with having to dodge potholes 👿

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Love mine. Use it mostly for commuting. a lighter set of wheels will be going on soon.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

My commuter.
    It’s only 18miles each way (it’s killing me)

voodoo_simon
    Free Member

Photo from last Wednsday during a small snow shower. Could be my favourite bike 😀

yodagoat
    Free Member

the Langster is pretty cool. My mates who ride road bikes properly creamed themselves when I told them I was getting one.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Oooft, these all look far to nice! Haven’t got any full photos of mine but here’s a couple I’ve taken recently, she’s on her third winter….

Loads of life left in this!

yodagoat
    Free Member

All still running fine aye?

stanfree
    Free Member

Great choice of bike , considering your previous dubious choices. You will no doubt hamper ‘Spesh’ sales in the Embra area when your seen lumbering around in your pyjama bottoms and green fleece. 😆

Does look like a class bike though.

samuri
    Free Member

I sold mine. Wish I hadn’t. That was a great bike.

Shit wheels mind,

langster1 by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

yodagoat
    Free Member

I’ve ordered some glow in the dark bark tape. **** get in!

MoreCashThanDash

Always seem to be older langsters coming up on eBay. What are they like as commuters in terms of mudguards and racks? Proper mounts?

Commute is a flattish 12 miles each way, a light fast singlespeed sounds an idea

lornholio
    Free Member

Lansgter Steel, sold it a few years ago when I moved to the mountains but I liked it in the city.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Yoda, everything still turns. Feels like peddaling in water though! Only maintenance in 3 years has been tightening/shortening the chain and changing brake pads. There are rack mounts on the back but non on front, got a race blade on the front (which is tight) and just use the rack as a mud guard.

I love mine, also got a Giant TCR that just isn’t doing it for me ‘cos this thing just feels so natural.

_tom_
    Free Member

This Langster was my first road bike (hence the less-than-slammed stem in the below pic). Wish I’d never sold it, way more fun than a geared bike. Kind of tempted to fix up my CAAD8, sell it then get another, the silver ones look so awesome. Are they still good value at new price? I got mine for £200 2nd hand.

And a “proper” photo for good measure

Militant_biker

Always seem to be older langsters coming up on eBay. What are they like as commuters in terms of mudguards and racks? Proper mounts?

Not really enough room for proper mudguards – hence my SKS raceblades in the picture above.
    I have had a rack on it in the past for commuting and a bit of touring. (No idea where the rack is, I think I might have lent it to someone…) I had to do a bit of trimming on the chain tug to get the rack to clear it, the mounts are quite close to the axle.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Here’s mine, nichest fixie ever?

Muke
    Free Member

Not sure about racks but I fitted a set of Crud Roadracer 2 guards to mine…

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Lets see your Langster.’ is closed to new replies.