Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 196 total)
  • Lets see your Fat bikes
  • samcuk87
    Free Member

Crapjumper I love it. My other bikes an On one codeine, rode full sus for a while but this climbs great and decents great. Nice slack head angle with wide bars, feels great. Did an 18 mile loop round the peaks on Sunday and was in the front pack all the way round. Think the tyre pressures where a little low for the rocky descents. It’s great without the Blutos IMO, just get loose and let th fat tyres do their work on the descents!

notlocal
    Free Member

Onza Unitlooks good for an intro to fatbike. Think they’re hoping to sell for £749.99

dudeofdoom

@samcuk87 – I’m still surprised just how well the on-one does climb

I went a rather step slippy slope wet rock leaves etc this weekend and got a “fair play on going up that ” by a dog walker who must have been watching me…

Mines 1×10 with a hope extender.

samcuk87
    Free Member

2500ft of climbing at the weekend, cleared some climbs I never had before. I’m 2×10 but with no front mech, just flick it down to the 26r granny for the big technical climbs then back on the wide narrow for the descents!

keefmac

my mukluk
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/oYTMno]GEDC0680[/url] by keefmac, on Flickr

great fun, like a big bouncy bmx 🙂

cooie

Tazzy, are they exotic forks on the Surly?

tazzymtb

Matt black powdercoat on the on-one to match the carbon forks. With a trikstuff excentriker to run propper ss. Also has prototype goldtec fat hubs on it. They are white bros snowpack forks on the necro pug.

The black on one looks about a gazillion times better than the gash white and orange one or I have seem a gloss black with a matte fork which looked poo as well, imho

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Black on ones are nothing new!

Mines been like this for nearly a year 😉

tazzymtb

Was there well before you matey 😉 as I belive young mr rocket dog pointed out when you first had yours done

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I built my with used parts except for a new Alfine hub. I really like it, lowest low gear is still a bit high though. I’m keen to try some bike packing on it too.

takisawa2

That On-One looks seriously stealthy Taz.
    It looks bloody ace.

[Goes off to check next BTW window dates…]

letmetalktomark

@taz & Bedmaker … How do you find the Bud on a Marge Lite?

Is it much bigger than a Nate on the same rim? Can you still run a lowish pressure without too much squirm?

dazzlingboy

Glen Tilt at the weekend

dazzlingboy

Is that a Shand I see a page back? Wow – a one off?

rOcKeTdOg

tazzymtb – Member
    Was there well before you matey as I belive young mr rocket dog pointed out when you first had yours done

Sometimes I forget quite how awesome I am 8)

tazzymtb

Bud on a marge lite is fine. Much bigger than a nate and gives a lovely profile for cornering. Running 7.5psi and no horrid squirm or tramline

takisawa you’re welcome to borrow the fat for a hoon around the chase.

Bagstard
    Free Member

samkuk87,

are you running tubeless? I was just getting into the ‘get loose and pinball’ style of descending in the peaks, lasted 30 seconds and blew the back tyre off the rim. That was running lightweight tubes, so they are a definite no no for anything rough, especially far from home.

wwaswas

My Puffin. Some On-One carbon forks off of Ebay arrived yesterday so will be fitted soon.

Andy

wwaswas is that a mudhugger you have managed to fit on the back? How effective is it please?

boltonjon

wwaswas – is that just a 29er specific mudhugger on the back of the Puffin?

Is it a good solution?

Cheers

wwaswas

Andy, yes, it’s been really good. It’s a 29er one heated with a hot air gun to splay the stay mounts out a bit and shape them to fit.

Coverage is really good (better than a Crud Catcher on a standard bike, ime.

Not been through really sticky clay on it yet but clearance seems ok.

Andy

Looks ace 😀

Edit: Have one fitted to my 29er Turner Sultan and it works really well. Think I might try this on my Mukluk. I bought a PDW rear, but it looks way too flimsy to last i’m afraid 🙁

dudeofdoom

Thats so so weird…..

Ive just been looking on the mudhugger site to see if they had anything…

Hate mudguards but the natural element for a fatbike seems to be in the wosrt possible conditions.

bonesetter
    Free Member

The fatter tyre seems to throw a phat lot more up more up too 🙂

samcuk87
    Free Member

Bagstard. I tried tubeless, blew up fine, seemed to seal well. Came to it the next morning and they’d gone totally flat. Not tried it again since. I used the foam down the middle of the rim to pack it out then gorilla tape over the top method. Also, anyone who’s running on one fatty wheels have a problem with the tyre sliding down making it look buckled when you drop the pressure below 15psi? Tried the floaters and the vee mission and it still does it.

samcuk87
    Free Member

wwaswas did you get the carbon forks off 118sea118? If so that was me!

wwaswas

If so that was me!

it was and they arrived yesterday thanks 🙂

*toddles off to leave some feedback*

rOcKeTdOg

I’ve got a prototype front fatbike guard from mudhugger to try this weekend, will report back

samcuk87
    Free Member

I got this from Mucky Nutz. It’s great!

bonesetter
    Free Member

I find a standard crud catcher up front on my 4.6″ tyres works fine – the crud catcher just covers the width of the tyre perfectly

I noticed an almost complete stop of all facial spatter after fitting it 🙂

I saw one of those mahoosive dbf (?) ones fitted to a Fat Boy and it was just far too big (for me to ever fit to my bike)

theashnav
    Free Member

I have two – the O O Fatty is now setup for winter riding – the Fatback is put away till next year

tazzymtb

I have come to the conclusion that the majority of fatbike owners have the colour coordination skills of a clown with a colour vision disorder. Just because riding a fat bike makes you feel like you’re 6 doesn’t mean you need to make it look like an 80’s abortion of clashing filth. All that’s missing is some spokey dokeys, a playing card in spokes and one of those yellow loud halers that used to make police siren noises and machinegun sounds. 😯

scotroutes

I reckon these folks are just making a personal statement to themselves, about themselves. It’s not for other folk to judge them based on appearances. A bit like tattoos really….

wwaswas

A bit like tattoos really….

*applauds* 🙂

bonesetter
    Free Member

Here you go Tazzy – keep calm and keep posting 🙂

tazzymtb

*applauds* but just like tattoos, you must expect every bugger to have an opinion and happily tell you to your face 😀

and there is no personal statement to be made with an awful looking bike, its like having a car and then strapping as much extra tat to it from halfords as possible and then putting fake exhausts and a powered by fairy dust sticker on it

rOcKeTdOg

I need a powered by beard-druff sticker

ansell007
    Free Member

I think people like me with Fat bikes just enjoy a bit of fun and not about looks or making a statement just enjoy being able to get over most things and the having fun….Still every one has there own opinion.

wwaswas

having a car and then strapping as much extra tat to it from halfords as possible

Carlos Fandango fat wheels and tyres anyone?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqqZ28m8uCo[/video]

Free Member

Here’s my 2013 Mukluk.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 196 total)

The topic ‘Lets see your Fat bikes’ is closed to new replies.