Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Let's see your desktop wallpaper…
  • Alex

Mine after this weekend

[url=https://flic.kr/p/TvRkkP]New desktop background[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

It’s always a MTB pic. Last one was from the top of Cadir Idris. This one will hopefully dull the pain of the view from my home office not being quite as epic!

So what do you have?

Beagleboy

Not very mountain bikey I’m afraid, but it’s a picture that I’m well pleased with. Taken with a video camera that slots into the eyepiece of my Newtonian reflector.

C.

Currently my desktop image, but that’ll probably change soon once I get out in the hills again!

petec
    Free Member

A triplet of familiar scenes. To remind me it’s not all about work.

binners

I say! How frightfully embarrassing 😳

Lets try again…

As an aside, does anyone ever leave any files sat on their desktop? It sets me off twitching if I see files left on desktops. Especially if they’re not neatly aligned. Anyone else, or is that just me?

Alex

Good to see Binners – a man experienced in the art of digital crayons – showing his technical prowess there 🙂

That moon would freak me out! I do like that bottom one petec

petec
    Free Member

that bottom one is Burnham Overy Staithe in Norfolk. Watching the kids crabbing on the small wooden jetty you can see.

All three taken with my phone surprisingly.

rossburton
    Free Member

A photo taken by a friend on one of his “little walks in the hills”.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Not my actual desktop but the same colour, i work on images so do not want a distracting background and it needs to have no colour shifts and be neutral.
    Don’t the pictures just serve to remind you that you are chained to your desk? 😯

Alex

Phone cameras are awesome. I don’t use mine for MTBing as I’d just drop it/ride over it/leave it on a rock. But in terms of picture quality it’s not far behind the TG3. Having said that the TG3 has a bit more control and it’s pretty much indestructible. I would say Panorama and Video is better on my iPhone tho.

Binners – good pic and a good likeness 🙂 I have NOTHING nothing on my desktop. It’s just wrong.

Alex

Don’t the pictures just serve to remind you that you are chained to your desk?

– nope they remind me WHY I’m sat at my desk. So I can earn the cash to do some more of that.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Actually I’m wrong and have contradicted myself. The computer is devoid of sentiment but my phone screensaver/background thingy is either the shadow cast by my topless GF on the sand or my parents whippet/lurcher cross on lead as we walk across a perfect green field with just a blue sky on the horizon.

swavis

A pic of me at the Puffer last year

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Sh5HwM]Screenshot 2017-04-03 12.14.27[/url] by Gavin Belton, on Flickr

This’ll set somebody twitching…. 😀

rossburton
    Free Member

Actually I’m wrong and have contradicted myself. The computer is devoid of sentiment but my phone screensaver/background thingy is either the shadow cast by my topless GF on the sand or my parents whippet/lurcher cross on lead as we walk across a perfect green field with just a blue sky on the horizon.

You can’t tell?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Just a bike by the river…..

Jamie
    Free Member

eddiebaby
    Free Member

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

derek_starship
    Free Member

allthegear
    Free Member

Rachel

bigblackshed

mark90
    Free Member

I should tidy it up really

Has Binners twitch gone into overdrive? 😉

rossburton
    Free Member

BURN IT WITH FIRE

Cougar

As an aside, does anyone ever leave any files sat on their desktop? It sets me off twitching if I see files left on desktops. Especially if they’re not neatly aligned. Anyone else, or is that just me?

I do. I use it as a temporary dumping ground for stuff (y’know, like a desktop). What’s the point in having a workspace you’re not using?

Can Macs not ‘snap to grid’ the icons? Gosh.

I got out of the habit of desktop wallpaper back when it took five seconds to redraw the bloody screen every time you closed something. My work laptop is a blank neutral colour (there’s a corporate desktop pushed out to workstations, but it used to be retina-searingly bright blue so I knobbled it), my home machine is the default Windows 10 background.

allthegear
    Free Member

Yes, they can.

ampthill

On this computer

View from the tent on our annual trip to the Isles of Scilly. Well its a version of the view…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/oQZ5Tv]4Scillies-82[/url] by John Clinch, on Flickr

tjagain

[url=https://flic.kr/p/SVZPD5]IMG_2657cropped[/url] by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

binners

Dear lord!!! I feel violated by that desktop! 😯

Alex

Some cracking pictures there. And that desktop. It reminds me of a teenagers’ bedroom!

I use the desktop to dump stuff on. But then I deal with it and delete or move it. Like any normal person would. Plus since I’m generally working on three different full screen desktops, I need a different picture on each to remind what the hell if’s for!

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Mark, what have you done, that’s beyond needing a tidy, it needs putting down!

My desktop is either a photo of me attempting Deliverance at Stanage or the colour version of this by Andreis Preis

mark90
    Free Member

Mark, what have you done, that’s beyond needing a tidy, it needs putting down!

It’s ok, don’t worry it’s not my desktop, just a random image I found on google to set Binner’s twitchometer off 😉

I feel bad now, he probably won’t come back to this thread, sitting in a corner chewing on his crayons 😐

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/zHDWas]IMG_4637[/url] by Mike Smith, on Flickr

Always interesting when I close a presentation in the meetings

Klunk
    Free Member

this have been mine for far too long

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

It’s been my desktop wallpaper for ever as I have never found anything better to replace it with. To give credit where its due, it was taken by Sanny of this parish

[url=https://flic.kr/p/bJvf46]An Stuc, Ben Lawers, Beinn Ghlass from Meall Garbh[/url] by CaptainMainwaring1, on Flickr

john_drummer
    Free Member

Mine’s a view of the Hudson River looking out over New Jersey from the top of the Empire State Building at dusk

Torminalis
    Free Member

zinaru
    Free Member

its currently the landscape crop of this which is my phone background. that blue totally gets me and i did nothing to enhance it…

GregMay
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/SFZH11]Foxtrot Golf – CP 5[/url] by Greg.May, on Flickr

Flaperon

mogrim

I’d delete mine, but the bloody corporate locked down laptop I’m stuck on won’t let me. And I also have a drab corporate logo as the wallpaper. At least it’s not too garish.

I use it as a temporary dumping ground for stuff (y’know, like a desktop). What’s the point in having a workspace you’re not using?

C:\temp and a script to create a new directory daily. At the start of each month I delete the month-before-last’s stuff.

binners

Mark – one of my mates, who is one of the most organised people I know (or so I thought), asked me to pop round and show her how to do something or other in Photoshop, prior to going to the pub. I walked into her office to see a 27″ imac, and the desktop looked exactly like that! 😯

I was horrified, immediately started convulsing uncontrollably, and it goes without saying that I have never spoken to her since. She’s dead to me!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Let's see your desktop wallpaper…’ is closed to new replies.