Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Lets see your Cotic Hemlocks
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Thinking about one 🙂

How tall are you and what frame size? Stem size etc?

Full build weights

AND PIX

souldrummer
    Free Member

Are there that many second-hand ones available? Or have you heard of a re-launch??

rob-jackson
    Free Member

maybe found one second hand

Russell96

6ft2, large frame, 70mm stem, weight haven’t a clue, current guise U-Turn Lyriks, 150mm rockers and upgraded with Saint brakes since this pic was taken as it gets up to some silly speeds.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

My Bro’s ex, very nice, it’s for sale I believe (the frame), small, if you’re interested. I’m guessing here, but 5’7″, 70mm stem and 30lbs approx with Fox36 (I think the frame is about 6.5lbs), he preferred short rocker long forks.

nuke

Love my Hemlock and tempted to just keep it but I’m downsizing to a one-FS-bike-does-all so if anyone is after one…

Northwind

Hah, mine used to look like Nuke’s before I spent 2 years horribly ****ing it up 😳

Pretending to be a downhill bike…

This is the pits man by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

And in its natural state

Rickos
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/tell-me-about-the-cotic-hemlock

Posted photos of my old one on that thread. Did you ever get a go on my old one that I sold to Terry/Showerman?

grantway
    Free Member

Looks like an Oil Rig

simonm
    Free Member

on the ones next to railings its very well camouflaged.

Mugboo

That’s my old one on B.A.nanas piccie.

It was a very versatile, reliable bike. Not pretty but I liked the simple round tubes up front and square tubes out back.

It was the 100/160 model and I tried it with both linkages. Pearl/floatR/VanR/Rp2 & eventually settled on RP2 with the shorter linkage. Truthfully it worked just fine with any shock but I’m a classifieds addict 🙂

Teamed with the 36 up front it was very confidence inspiring and as the frame is about 6.5lbs it builds up nice and light for the money, with a fashionably slack HA.

There has been a few turn up recently on eBay and if your a short ass like me then mines available. The chap who bought it found it a little short so bought a medium instead. He loves it.

luket

Ooooooh – a chain device on one. A rare sight, no?

Northwind – Any chance you could post up a pic of how you’ve fitted that? I’m assuming you’ve had to cut out the back plate?

I’ve got a Blackspire Stinger I’m just about to start hacking apart for the very same purpose so any pointers greatly appreciated….

I recall reading on here of someone doing that and I have a feeling you’re that man, but I couldn’t find any pics.

Mine are original chainstays though so I’m guessing you had even tighter clearance there than I do.

Northwind

Hmm, need to get some pics of it with the Van in. Looks feerce.

Incidentally, if anyone’s shopping for a Hemlock I’ve seen a few with both rockers included, and I’m always after a 150mm one. I mean, I don’t need it, if I can race downhill on it for 6 hours with 120mm then that’s enough, but it’d be nice to try it!

grantway – Member

Looks like an Oil Rig

I usually go with swing bridge…

luket, aye, it’s a Stinger with a big slice out of the backplate. Still plenty of metal left in it though so it just works normally (if I fit another stinger to any other bike I’ll chop that up too now!). Fairly straightforward, don’t really have any pics that show it though.

sharki
    Free Member

I’ve got a pick of a third time snapped one.
    Nothing else to replace on it frame wise after it’s few years mincing around the flat SW.

By all accounts the Hemlocks are a very nice riding bike. Enjoy!

mustard
    Free Member

Northwind – I’ve the 150mm rocker you can borrow if you want a shot of it. I’ve not ridden it but it’s not for sale, never know when I’ll get an urge to do something silly on it… Mail me if you’re interested.

rob2
    Free Member

northwind – I still have the rocker but I think its getting embarrassing me saying I’ll post it for you to borrow!

Northwind

rob2, ygm but! Don’t worry!

And many thanks to you both but one for my very own just landed on my doorstep today. But I really appreciate the offers!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Lets see your Cotic Hemlocks’ is closed to new replies.