Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • lets see your bikes with crank brothers wheels
  • knott4me
    Free Member

yes im eccentric so i absolutely love them & no im not a photographer 😀

bought for my 30th

mollyiom
    Free Member

If i must

knott4me
    Free Member

Very nice Anymore? 😀

the_lecht_rocks

how are the hubs holding out guys ?

mollyiom
    Free Member

ouch!! mine just back with a new free hub, im assured that the problem is sorted but would be lieing if i wasnt thinking about it driving a big gear up a hill today.

llamafarmer
    Free Member

mollyiom – That's a fine looking bike!

psychle
    Free Member

How're you finding the Cobalts on that mollyiom? I quite like the CB wheels, but only want them in the black/gold combo, ideally I'd like Iodines as they're a little wider and a bit tougher I'd guess (I'm not a light rider…)

What sort of punishment have you put them through and how've they held up?

cheers 🙂

coogan
    Free Member

Given how shonky other CB stuff can be, not sure I'd be willing to spend so much on something I wouldn't really trust to last that long.

walla24
    Free Member

this page gives me a pain in the wallet! but man those bikes look tasty!

the_lecht_rocks

problem for me are the hub longevity……….

mollyiom
    Free Member

Apart from the hub issue,, which to be fair comes with a two year warranty i am pleased, they have had a fair bit of abuse in the short time ive had them, Folks who know me will vouch that im not the easiest on bikes, i still think they will take the rough like my old KTM enduro bike, still true anyway and IMHO look the dogs!

knott4me
    Free Member

6 months use no issues with freehub. doddy has also been blasting a pair for mbuk no issues in over 12 months. Mbr April issue has a problem with there pair but its nowt I ain't seen on hope or shimano but it's rare.

chameleon78
    Free Member

MBR seem to have something on every test they do that they have problems with.
    Including an issue with stem length, even marking bikes down because of a fault or stem length.
    they are useless IMO. MBR that is.

Jason
    Free Member

Sorry about the pic quality, I should take a camera on a ride some time rather than using the dodgy camera on my phone!

The only issue I have had with the hub is the pawl retaining ring breaking, which seems a common (and sorted?) problem, other than that the bearings have lasted well. Certainly as good, or better, than something like a Hope Pro2. It looks like the bearings will be very simple to change too.

andrewh
    Free Member

That's the first time I've ever seen a Focus and thought 'That looks nice, want a go on that'

Kahurangi

doddy has also been blasting a pair for mbuk no issues in over 12 months

from last month's MBUK:

… and destroyed two freehub bodies from my Crank Brothers Iodine wheels – and the bearings on the rear wheel need some major TLC as well

mollyiom
    Free Member

Its really weird the prejudice against crank brothers wheels. yes there has been a problem with the free hub which has been rectified no fuss so all is well albeit with a little inconvenience. No different to when ive had problems with my hope vision 4 lights as well as dozens of others in our night group which meant they had to get sent back to hope to get sorted. yes great service from hope etc but does every one say hope lights are crap? No, just how great hope are at fixing there problems.

knott4me
    Free Member

Couldn't agree more.I know of issues with ayup lights but despite returns to oz only they still get rave reviews. my pro 11 has had all the bearings changed twice in 2 years & a new axle & the bearings were good quality ones.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘lets see your bikes with crank brothers wheels’ is closed to new replies.