Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 152 total)
  • lets see your Autumn riding pics
  • kayak23

cmjdavies
    Free Member

Riding out in Worcestershire.

20121020-O65A6405.jpg by cmjdavies, on Flickr

Chris

@cmjdavies

exilegeordie
    Free Member

Poor quality picture.

clubber
    Free Member

Top of Cwmcarn on Saturday – a beautiful day but freezing. We set off joking about how were were going to cook in all the kit we had on but it was pretty spot on or if anything maybe a bit cold on the descents.

chives
    Free Member

This was a few weeks back at Haldon, from the top (start) of the red route.

2012-09-09 07.20.52 by

righog
    Free Member

Local ride today.

rOcKeTdOg
    postierich
    Free Member

one from today!

DSCF2330[1] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

druidh
    Free Member

garrrrpirate
    Free Member

Last night in the dark.

rOcKeTdOg

Ooh, nice colours druidh

igrf
    Free Member

Nice pics everyone, really enjoyed scrolling down this thread, spoiled only by the dude lost in Richmond park who clearly strayed on here thinking us off roaders might be interested in his legs..

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

Oi!

igrf
    Free Member

😉 😆

AJames
    Free Member

Untitled by Sticking2glueing, on Flickr

luke1688

Slight tangent but what cameras are people using? Looking to get a new one to take shots like these whilst out riding

hummerlicious
    Free Member
    _tom_
    Free Member

Not a riding pic but I instagrammed on my commute as I love the mornings when it looks like this, almost makes it worthwhile being awake and cold 🙂

chris_db
    Free Member
    yunki
    Free Member

Chris db’s (lovely) shot..

chris_db
    Free Member

How do you do that?

yunki
    Free Member

just put in the url of the image http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8468/8140170374_fa2f185016_b.jpg between

right click on the image to copy the url or copy it from the address bar

(I spotted the valid url in amongst the jumbled address that was in your original post)

ceepers

In reply to the camera question, my pics were all iphone (cos it’s convenient and in my pocket anyway) apart from the one of the guy leaning on his bike which is 120 slide film cross processed shot in one of these:

http://microsites.lomography.com/diana/cameras/dianaf

unpredictable, sometimes disasterous, sometimes brilliant!

i have a pentax optio which is a pretty sturdy and small waterproof compact which takes decent point and shoot shots:

[img]http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4011/4422327083_fee0f5f8bc_b.jpg[/img]

you can get some pretty cool stills with the older non hd go-pro camera’s which i’d imagine are available pretty cheaply now:

apologies for hijacking with water pics but it illustrates the point!

Incidentally, i got given a waterproof iphone case to review for surfing with a couple of months ago, too big to keep in a pocket probably but good enough to cope with taking pictures/ checking strava in a downpour!

see here:
    http://adventuresintrim.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/going-overboard.html

mkidley
    Free Member

Delamere, Saturday morning.

nickswolves
    Free Member

ceepers – what app do you use for the iphone pics please?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Race photo from Hopton. It was autumn so it’s valid.

ceepers

those are just instagram, lo-mob is pretty good too and you can post from it to instagram if you like, these are from lo-mob:

ceepers

i’m feeling slightly guilty about posting non wheeled content so here are a couple more bike shots, electra cruiser in devon lane and schwinn cruiser beachside in california. Both cross processed film from a holga camera

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

16th October 2012 by Rob Sutherland, on Flickr

21st October 2012 by Rob Sutherland, on Flickr

Last Climb (ish) by Rob Sutherland, on Flickr

25th October 2012 by Rob Sutherland, on Flickr

30th October 2012 by Rob Sutherland, on Flickr

I have only really started riding again this autumn after a few years of not really doing anything much at all! The bike is needing some serious attention though to bring it up to spec and up to date!

sefton
    Free Member

whats with all the old fashioned (sorry “retro”) effects?

cp

whats with all the old fashioned (sorry “retro”) effects?

Instagram. Look shit. I don’t get it!

And too much photoshopping for my liking in some others too!

But some nice pics in here too 🙂 I love autumn

ceepers

Instagram is just throw away fun for me. The film shots aren’t photoshopped at all that’s how they come out of the crap plastic cameras the tints/saturated colours are from processing slide film in the wrong chemicals. It’s a niche bit of analog photography (toy cameras / lomography) that’s become a mainstream “retro” look because of Instagram and hipstamatic apps mimicking it.

I love the unpredictability of using old film and old cameras but guess its not everyone’s cup of tea

sefton
    Free Member

“retro”!!!!! whats the nations obsession with “retrooo”!

druidh
    Free Member

Instagram – a piece of software developed so that the shit photos from your shit phone camera could be disguised as “art”.

ceepers

Well they don’t make things like they used to / it was better in the old days / we used to have an empire……….. 😉

Dunno, personally I like things to be authentic therefore I like film as opposed to manipulating new to look old. Granted I use Instagram but like I said I’d only consider it to b a bit of fun with my phone when I’m bored not some kind of serious statement

hp_source

no retro/old fashioned nonsense here… just a nice blanket of leaves…

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

A grey day in the Lakes a couple of weeks ago

ska-49
    Free Member

Headed to Swinley at the weekend on the recommendation from STWers. Was a great day and really enjoyed it! Drained really well considering the rain. Really cold, rainy, windy but wouldnt want to be anywhere else. Few go-pro stills.

Took the 29er rigid. Was really at home there!

righog
    Free Member

Thanks Rocketdog for starting this thread. Some great photo’s here, STW at it’s best making you want to get out and ride.

Sefton,It would be great to see some of your non retro Photo’s on here 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 152 total)

The topic ‘lets see your Autumn riding pics’ is closed to new replies.