Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Let's see your ant traps.
  • zippykona

Kitchen being invaded. Sealing up entry points but they still get in.
    Letting them in and killing them is the next angle of attack.
    What have you got?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Antrid?

Most of the idea is you poison the little beggers who head home and spread it around the nest.
    Finding the source can help.

zzjabzz
    Free Member
    Stoner
    Free Member

towzer

I used the squirty white powder stuff – a complete line around the room (under skirting boards/units/carpets etc etc)and after that they stopped coming in.

perchypanther
    Free Member

fifeandy
    Free Member

zippykona

I was hoping for some slippery sided thing that ants can’t get out of and they drown in honey.
    Flames would be good as well.

hammerite
    Free Member

We’ve not got them invading the house yet. We do however, have them doing their best at destroying the grass. We must have at least 10 patches in the lawn that were nests. This warm, damp weather has really brought them out.

ransos
    Free Member

We must have at least 10 patches in the lawn that were nests. This warm, damp weather has really brought them out.

Dissolve some ant powder in a watering can and water in.

Earl
    Free Member

Blend raw popcorn to make cornmeal. Leave in piles where the ants roam. Give it a few days.

dannyh
    Free Member

toppers3933
    Free Member

We’ve found that putting cinnamon down where they come in stops them from coming in. They don’t like it up em, apparently.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Ants are genetically afraid of fire. Imprinting?

Anyway carefully burn and collect newspaper cinders.

Place them where the ants are coming in. They should go the opposite way.

Ants work with a circular motion like a clock face and change direction each day so you might be 6 pm and tomorrow 7 pm so you can predict where and when they will come scouting.

GrahamS

Traps? Are you planning on a catch and release program? 🙂

Much as I hate killing things needlessly, even I use ant powder. Dusting along entrance ways and any common routes seems to keep them at bay.

(I hate doing it – but needs must).

jambalaya
    Free Member

I don’t like kiling things uncessarily but mosquitos and ants are an exception and don’t seem to be in decline. As above powder. I tend not to bother with any away from the house, eg on the lawn unless the mound impacts mowing.

wicki
    Free Member

Thin runny honey and Boric acid powder mixed as bait, they take it home and it kills the lot eventually cheap as chips too.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Earl – Member

Blend raw popcorn to make cornmeal. Leave in piles where the ants roam. Give it a few days.

Shirely you don’t want to just feed them?

lankystreakofpee

Just draw a big circle around them and then stamp on them:

Ant in circle video clicky linky

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Let's see your ant traps.’ is closed to new replies.