• This topic has 28 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by br.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Lets see you summer season 456's
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

thanks

Hadge
    Free Member

No longer running this as I got a FS frame but here you go

Can't say nothing bad about them. For what you pay you get a very well sorted frame. Used mine as a commute bike as I've been carrying an injury so not ridden off-road much. Would recommend one any day too.

ton

paul, you need a not ridden much blue pig.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

since I've just ordered a summer season, I hope not!

wors

why you getting rid of the blue pig ton?

ton

wors, got the mm bop, and they a very similar.
    the mm bop, just feels a bit nicer.

ton, it's your money ergo your choice, but an honest question – why can't you keep a bike for more than 5 minutes? Are you Justa on steroids? 😉

ton

mate, i just love them
    the whole speccing, building and trying them.
    like i have said time and time again also, where can a 6ft4'' 21stone bloke get a test ride on a suitable bike, moreso a full sus bike with the correct shock or spring.
    and i am pretty good financially, so why not.. 8)

CheesybeanZ

ton

nowt there..

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Ton, didn't you have a summer season?

CheesybeanZ

ton

i did mate
    rode it once, 45 mile slog over crossfell and high cup nick….
    felt ace going downhill with pikes on, but on the flat and uphill it fellt wrong
    i felt way too far over the backend.

taka
    Free Member

🙄

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I'm thinking of putting either a pair of MX Comps or All mountain SL's on, dropped to 100ish

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

I was thinking along similar lines – MX Comp airs and some suitably burly rims. A lot of people seem to be running these with huge forks (and then complaining about how they climb 😉 . I thought the whole point of them was that they were designed to give slack angles around a 100mm fork.

Anyone running one with shorter forks got any experiences to share.

grumm
    Free Member

I've got some fecked U Turn pikes I'm gonna try and fix and stick on them – maybe at 100-110 or so most of the time, we'll see.

Bosh
    Free Member

Here's mine, love it. Did have a maxlight XC 120, hated the short top tube & steep head angle. Thus suits me down to the ground.

The pic shows marzocchi bombers MX120LO now have Fox float 140RL on the bike.

Oh well won't let me post pics from my facebook account via iPhone. I'll post later.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

Mine with 100mm rebas. It's plenty slack enough with these on, but when I get them serviced I think they will be going up to 115mm. I have no idea how the bike manages to turn with 160s on though!

It needs a short stem (the one in the photo was changed after 1 ride down the street, and dropped down the steerer too)

I like the way it rides in comparison with my standard inbred (which has rev u turn 130mm forks). It is way more lazy than that even with the revs wound right out, but comes into its own on steeper downhills or techy stuff (the little i have ridden). It just feels like it wants to be smashed into/over stuff.

It climbs well too, easy to get weight over the front end on steep stuff.

Love it.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Thanks for these

coolhandluke
    Free Member

It was Ton's!

I loved it but you needed 3" risers and a pile of spacers beneath the stem to make it feel right. Otherwise it felt like the front wheel was a 20"er not 26".

Chainsuck nightmare frame though.

It was a hoot though and I rode like a hooligan on it. Now sold.

140mm pikes it was fine but it felt better on 130mm revelations IMO. it did climb better than you'd expect too.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

20" frame With Revs

Chain suck abuse

matthewlhome
    Free Member

I've found mine the opposite – each time the bar height is dropped a bit it rides more confidently and i can really get weight over the front and push into corners. Mind you, it looks like I am quite a bit smaller than you, so it may just be the same relative bar / saddle height 🙂

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Don't get any chainsuck on mine, was this problem addressed on later models (had mine 6 months) or am I just lucky?

Mugboo

My Summer/Slacker

swisstony
    Free Member

Here's mine, it has a chain now!

Going from a Stiffee i initially thought it was too slack especially for tight twisty stuff but after a couple of rides i've got used to it and really like it. I run the Pikes at full travel but will try experimenting a bit, though in the Peaks the 140mm gets well used.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I'm thinking single ring, 9 spd cassette and some kind of guide, and ride it like the jessie I am

br
    Free Member

But look at the state of his rings, no wonder he's had chain suck…

My riding buddy runs his with 130mm 32's and a big high-rise bar – he's happy.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Lets see you summer season 456's’ is closed to new replies.