Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Lets hear it for Mojo
  • mcboo
    Free Member

Don’t know about you but bargains in cycling circles are as rare as rocking horse sh1t right now. Just returned from Mojo my 2005 Talas RL which had gone back for their first ever service after much abuse. The crown steered upper had to be replaced as I’d let the dirt get into them and cause some visible wearing. For £120 on top of the £100 service charge not only did they replace the crown steerer assembly, they also threw in a completely new lower chassis under warranty.

That’s all the working parts serviced and the main assembly completely replaced……for £220?!

Forgive me for getting all misty eyed in public, but really, I’m impressed.

njee20
    Free Member

When I sent my F100s back a few years ago they told me the crown and steerer had come unbonded, and there was play between them, the bushes had also become sloppy in the lower legs, although they were still tight on the stantions. The result was that they replace the CSU assembly, and the lowers, and because it was warranty work they didn’t charge for the service either, so it cost nothing at all.

Good company, sh1t product!

Offroading
    Free Member

Mcboo – where did the dirt get in ? Onto the steerer outside so the headset wore it down or something ?

mcboo
    Free Member

It got down in through the seals and over time caused a bunch of grooves to appear in the shafts (not sure what you call them) so def had to go. New seals would never have kept the dirt out.

GW
    Free Member

You think £220 is a good deal for fixing a fork still under warranty?

Fishers gave me an entire new set of 08 Boxxers when the motion control adjuster (cheap to replace) on my year old 07s which were very uplift battered and unloved set started to leak a tiny wee bit

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

You think £220 is a good deal for fixing a fork still under warranty?

At 4 years old im assuming the warranty is up

mcboo
    Free Member

Point being I’ve never given them any tlc beyond a wipe down with a wet sponge. Been battered week after week for best part of 5yrs and all it costs is £220 for a full rebuild?

I’m pretty happy with that

GW
    Free Member

Sorry, since you mentioned the lowers being replaced under warranty I’d assumed the whole fork was somehow still under warranty too. 😳

coopersport1
    Free Member

My ignorance led to me sending my 32 Talas back, same story absolutely battered them for a year with nothing more than a clean and a squirt of gt85. The warranty was just up but they replaced the dust seals and upgraded the workings to TALas 3 as a ‘good will gesture’ all for free including postage back! They did however send me an idiots guide to looking after them in future 😳 Very impressed. Although I know some people would disagree!

mcboo
    Free Member

Fox are a victim of their own success. Are so dominant in the new complete bike market people start to regard them as McDonalds. Have to say of all the various bits and bobs I’ve used on bikes I’ve never been let down by Fox forks or shocks, don’t think I would buy anything else……need to buy them from Taiwan though, new prices here not good.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Lets hear it for Mojo’ is closed to new replies.