Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • lets have a winter sun thread !
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Riding over the Bealach Na Ba today on a lovely crisp (but windy) sunny summers day – makes winter KM munching a a pleasent experiance.

overrated climb though

100kms munched

Smee
    Free Member

What gear did you do it in?

trail_rat
    Free Member

32:16 DUHHHH!!!

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Smee
    Free Member

The gear for all occasions.

trail_rat
    Free Member

today mr C ? where waszat ?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Naw – 'bout 3 weeks ago. Fisherfield hills, south of Ullapool. Had a poxy cold since then. Grrrr.

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

pitfichie just the other day. proper winter sun day, you could see for miles.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

twohats
    Free Member

trail_rat
    Free Member

joemetcalfm you aberdeen based ?

Pitfichie dryer than it was last thursday then ? was a bog from bottom of red route to the bit where the white intersects the red !

ton

winter sunshine picnic at about zero degrees…..

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

it was sunny but wet wet wet. the bottom of the red was a little washed out and the first red run was muddy and frozen. we still had fun though. the downhill was the least muddy. will this rain ever stop?

doug_basqueMTB.com

Not this year, this time last year. Looking forward to the same again this year!

cuckoo
    Free Member

igm

Hmmm. I went running in the dark, cold rain. Jealousy? No, no… where do you guys live again?

mutley

cuckoo

NICE photo 🙂

pennine
    Free Member

Kettlewell

devs
    Free Member

Loch Insch from Inschriach yesterday.

Yesterday

Kit
    Free Member
    luked2
    Free Member

This morning, riding along the Cambridgeshire guided busway.

robgarrioch

Maybe not quite Winter, but fairly close (heading into the Pentlands, above Harlaw…)

overrated climb though

How so, TRat? I do think the Bealach itself , while tough, isn't that bad (though I couldn't do it without a granny ring), it's the section from Applecross to Shieldaig that tests, during the HandsOn challenges anyway.

luked2
    Free Member

twosheds – that Skiddaw link doens't seem to work.

sangobegger
    Free Member

sangobegger
    Free Member

Oh! ya dancer it works.!!!!!!!

Kunstler

Ben Udlamain (Drummochter) yesterday. This was the last we saw of the sun – walking in snow and mist does strange things to your eyes. Fizzy vision.

spacehopper

stuartm555
    Free Member

Dollar yesterday 🙂

sangobegger
    Free Member

Looking across to the south end of Arkle with the Glen Golly loop track going into the distance.

trail_rat
    Free Member

rob – we have had several mtbing mates go over it in their car and come back and tell us how hard a climb itd be on a bike.

A couple mates did the first years handson event and said the climb was hard.

we did the whole lochcarron/applecross/fearnmore/sheildaig/lochcarron loop. Even the missus said she didnt think it was that bad a ride – its only 1200m climbing over 90k – maybe our judgement of a hard climb/ride is clouded by doing 1000m in 20k in nz in touring mode

doug_basqueMTB.com

Some cool pics there!

tr, rob, I did the first bealach event. I thought that the climb was OK but then we were on CC bikes with triples and weren't racing so took it pretty easy (about 40mins up!). The descent was fantastic though, first time on skinny tyres and the speed was incredible, got 55mph and totally loved it. We had a pint or 80% and prawns in Applecross then did the bit to Sheildaig and I thought that was hard, some real sharp climbs. I took a picture in the same direction as your 2nd one TR but can't work out if it's just zoomed in or if it's from a different place (it's a rubbish phone pic):

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Nothing but grey skies, heavy rain and wind in the South West. Looks like the Highlands are the place to be ATM. Some lovely pics.

Simon

Sunrise over Harden Moor a few weeks ago.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44090067@N05/4109813305/sizes/l/

robgarrioch

Another good thing about sunny days, is clear nights. This morning on '1 Tree' / White Hill (Pentlands) –

And night, just a little further south on the side of Capelaw

zaskar
    Free Member

😀

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘lets have a winter sun thread !’ is closed to new replies.