Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 126 total)
  • Let's have a laugh and reminisce..Old Skool MTB photos (no bitching please!).
  • Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

This is from about 1988, my brother had just got a new Raleigh Mustang and was on holiday in a caravan on the Isle of Wight, I wasn’t too sure about mountain bikes so decided to buy a second hand one and go by bike, train and ferry to join him for a few days to try some off road cycling … those were the days! (when I was skinny and fit, the bike was rubbish!)

boxelder

ziggy
    Free Member

Back in 1990, pleased to say I’m just as skinny now 🙂

soma_rich
    Free Member

Oldest I could find was a ~1998 SAMS at Matchams park!

vikingboy
    Free Member

@jedi: I had a Torker 280 back in the day too. Sweet bike.

jimmy

1995 Rushup Edge. Day of JMC’s funeral – we had a minute’s silence.

1992 – Raleigh Lizard Days. Ron Hills, curtains, German Exchange Students.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Nice to see others started riding in jeans too! I used to wear jeans and a rugby shirt, until I realise the mud soaked my jeans and held me back 😉

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

f**king love that last picture jimmy, just looks like me and my mates early 90s :mrgreen:

turq

Love looking at these old photo’s, so many great memories, just wish I had more photos

This was me at the NEMBA in Bosley, 1992ish. Decent down from the masts, lap 2 sports cat.

[/url] Bosley NEMBA 1992ish by Rossco73, on Flickr[/img]

ac282

Going over blacksail in 1993. At the time I didn’t realise that panniers were a bad idea for mountian biking

boblo
    Free Member

Go on then, shown this before:

Mastiles Lane, ’bout 1986.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Best thread ever.

boxelder

Canada’s highest tarmac – ’95 – the last year of purple.

From the same ride – down to a grizzly encounter, on my own……

Alcopop
    Free Member

Tinkering on my wife”s Saracen hardrock 94/95

Ben Nevis 98 im sure beanies were as protective as helmets back then

AngusWells

Two pictures from the Coast to Coast (Tim Woodcocks version) circa 1994.

Beer and bikes. Some things transcend the decades…..

And we were bike bivvying before it became popular (and lightweight)……

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My ankle, circa 1999. Loved those Scott Tahoe shoes. Had three pairs on the go for a while. Awesome.

😉

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Bobs Bash Midland XC circa ’95. Not me BTW!

bigjim

ha!

Alcopop
    Free Member

Oh dear early bath

ackie
    Free Member

Ackie,

I’ve got a photo of me which matches your 4th photo. Some race in the Quantocks in maybe late 1991? Lots of riding across fields with a bit through the woods and a couple of banks to ride down…

I crashed on the last lap and ended up in hospital….

redx I hope you recovered. I have a feeling I might won it 😯 or at least made the podium!!!
    Are you a local lad?

Here is a post race pic. That’s not you sitting down with the St John Ambulance guy is it?

boxelder

Tinkering on my wife”s Saracen hardrock 94/95

Ritchey Z max tyres – yesteryear’s Nobby Nic

ackie
    Free Member

Boxelder is that first pic of yours, one from last years Kielder 100 😉

xcstu
    Free Member

back in the day of malvern hills classic 🙂

epicyclo

I like M-Cs wedding procession. 🙂

Nice happy pic.

newbey
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    My ankle, circa 1999. Loved those Scott Tahoe shoes. Had three pairs on the go for a while. Awesome.

I had a pair of them that I bought from Leisure Lakes, they were awesome. I remember the day I found out that part of the sole was removable and cleats could be used (about 2004), good shoes. I was thinking about them the other day. I want a pair again.

Alcopop
    Free Member

Ritchey Z max tyres – yesteryear’s Nobby Nic

Oh yes indeed but if i remember they were replaced with a pair
    of bright red Macau tyres (think that was the name) terrible tyres
    but she liked the colour

ijs445ra
    Free Member

No photos but a film (taken off ye olde VHS) from late 90s.

Some great crashes by radoggair of this parish.

redx

Ackie,

Not that’s not me. Knocked myself out, got taken to hospital with a suspected fractured skull and ended up with amnesia for a couple of weeks.. Apparently I messed up the drop(?) but can’t remember.

Grew up Somerton/Street way and was biking with a bunch of guys who called themselves the ‘Mendip Rock Gorillas’ who used to meet in Hunter’s Lodge Inn just up the hill from Wells…

Alex

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I remember the day I found out that part of the sole was removable and cleats could be used (about 2004), good shoes. I was thinking about them the other day. I want a pair again

That was a slightly different shoe, but I forget the name. Looked very similar though. The Tahoe was flats only.

Also on the shoe front, what about original Answer Flatfoots? Awesome shoe!

rootes1

so annoying flickr is blocked here at work so can’t see most of the pictures…

DezB
    Free Member

Earliest off roadin pic I could find 😉

QE park – on borrowed F500. Early 90s

(still can’t wheelie!)

My bike in Cycling Weekly when it was a demo

RIP Principia 🙁

Me and my mate Matt (I’m wearing Tim Woodcock’s yellow jacket) doing a ride for Mountain Bike World mag.

rootes1

North Wales Winter MTB Series – early 90’s

Start:

During:

Malvern Overview:

Cannock Chase Classic – start and dying after (maddog 20/20 and sleeping in a public bog covered in milk is not a sensible prerace strategy!)

Helmet covers rocked!

rootes1

Love this picture! Doubt this would go down as a good suggestion for my wedding though…

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Best thread ever +2 🙂

bullandbladder
    Free Member

I think I’m somewhere in that Cannock crowd. My first ever race at 15. Camped the night before, got smashed on stolen brandy and built a massive fire in the camping field. Good times!

rootes1

Camped the night before, got smashed on stolen brandy and built a massive fire in the camping field. Good times!

Yer we were at a campsite, no for the race above but another CCC, bikes in tents and us sleeping outside – then we built a fire to do jumps over and then someone started a UHT milk fight – then we went on a no lights night ride around the town – got back to the campsite and the gates were shut so had to take shelter in a public bogs.. knackered, hungover stinking of milk and public bogs… then do a race – not good prep!

good times though!

Euro
    Free Member

Didn’t mtb until 2007, but found a few bmx pics from the ’93 KoD. Can’t believe these are the only pics I have in 20 odd years riding bmx 😥

Classic table

Super chicken 3

Table 3

Sidney
    Free Member

Wow, you jumped a massive tree 😉

Those jumps are much higher than anything I would contemplate attempting!

geetee1972
    Free Member

This was the Sheffield round of the NEMBA race series in, I think, 1990.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 126 total)

The topic ‘Let's have a laugh and reminisce..Old Skool MTB photos (no bitching please!).’ is closed to new replies.