Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 115 total)
  • Lets have a "first world problem" thread..
  • Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Oxford is as expensive as central London and the pay is lower.

Cougar

I’ve run out of rapeseed oil.

The canteen at work served up three types of curry (Lamb Rogan Josh, Chicken Korma and Beef Madras, if you’re interested)

“Hi, I’m vegetarian.”

TheFlyingOx

Hi, I’m vegetarian.

“There’s rice, and a salad bar. And chicken noodle soup. That’s kind of vegetarian.”

It’s not really the sort of canteen that caters to all tastes.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m one flight off the next FF Tier which means on Sunday night I have to slum it in the pleb lounge in Abu Dhabi rather than the nice one (which I should get on the way back)
    Also there may be snow at the top of the Whole Enchalada in Moab when I get there in October – and I need to try and get Rampage tickets while I fly to the UK.

teasel
    Free Member

There’s some dust buildup lodged in a joint on the centre console of my car which needs hoovering, it bothers me but not enough to carry the hoover outside.

Just smoke the bleeding thing and be done with it.

🙄

wallop

Wallop – are you out in Morzine? Greetings if so, am too. Hope you haven’t beaten yourself up too much.

We are in Les Arcs, but greetings anyway – hope you’re having a nice summer!

Scruff – 😆

bigrich

fairtrade biodegradable organic washing up liquid is rubbish at blowing bubbles.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

@bigrich and doing the dishes 😉

vinnyeh

I’ve just bought a new laptop- it came with a faulty screen, so I purchased a replacement refurbished one, with a slightly faster processor.
    The trouble is that the geekbench score for the ‘faster’ replacement is about 10% down on the average for the model- and actually about the same as the original laptop.
    Should I send this one back as well?

Drac

If I’d waited 3 more weeks before ordering my new car it would have come with Sat Nav, Keyless entry and heated seats as standard. I’m not sure I can carry on which is made worse by the fact I won’t be driving it until Friday. Nearly one week after I took delivery because I’m at work.

Klunk
    Free Member

the free coffee mug gift from rose bikes cracked as soon I put hot coffee in it and i had to decant it into another cup. I feel violated.

i_like_food

There’s so much genuine pain on this thread I hardly feel its worth mentioning that the sun (that is coming up over the mountain opposite my holiday apartment in the Alps) is just a bit too bright and I can’t reach my sunglasses without leaving my pain au chocolate.

Houns

My internet was down for most of yesterday

First time in over a decade, what dire service

Smudger666

Dr P – no judgement but I read your post with an expression of haughty disdain…….

This morning I awoke to the holy trinity of bean to cup machine first world problems – refill beans, refill water and empty grounds before I could get a coffee.

I’m not certain but I think I’ll call a helpline or something for support. Or look for a self help group. Obviously, I won’t set one up if it doesn’t exist – too much effort.

MrSmith
    Free Member

The Luxardo maraschino cherries I use in my old fashioned cocktails are £14 a jar from the drinks shop near work.
    I can get them for £7 but it means a tube ride across London. 🙁

slowoldman

I could do with a poo but I can’t be bothered to get off my backside to go and sit down.

DrJ

Well, I hope you’re all pleased with yourselves – with so much pain and suffering in the world I can hardly summon the motivation to turn off the alarm on my smartphone.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I put the bins out thinking it was thursday

DrP

FFS… “Change water filter“.

I feel like a slave to this ruddy machine….

DrP

thegreatpotato
    Free Member

My third laptop (I have one for work, one for gaming and one for lazy websurfing) is taking a long time to upgrade to Windows 10.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I can’t decide whether to take Euro’s or Kuna to Croatia in 3 weeks time 😕

Daffy

My espresso machine stopped working at 15:00 on Saturday, the possibility of having to do without my morning shot of Riposo made me cancel on a meal out with my friends to strip, clean, service and repair it.

The inside of a regularly de-scaled Gaggia Classic in the Southwest with it’s stupid HARD water…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Holiday related one from me:
    Early October, Lakes (UK) or Lugano (SW) ?
    What’s swinging it is Lugano is closer to the Tour of Lombardia route but it’s a long way to drive.
    😐

irc

The other day the supermarket only had two of the three varieties of mushrooms my recipe required!!

allan23
    Free Member

I live on an island with a choice of ports all the way around the coast, yet a kerfuffle in Calais means the national haulage industry is gridlocked down in Kent.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

It’s a proper ball ache finding a holiday home that suits our lifestyle in Wales. 🙄

MrOvershoot

I bought some muffins butter & Marmite on my way into work.

When I got to work I had to find a small plastic pot to decant the marmite into as we are not allowed glass containers on site 🙁

Danny79
    Free Member

We got sent a happy Sysadmin Day cake by the makers of our new call logging software only got it today as the manager it was addressed to was away Sysadmin Day was Friday. 🙁

willard

I ran out of teabags just now, so had to have fresh ground coffee instead. Which meant I had to have some biscuits too.

A terrible state of affairs.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I’m supposed to get dashi powder for dinner tonight but the asian supermarket over the road’s run out so I’ll have to go to the one a bit further away.

skiboy
    Free Member

I can’t get the “car configure” to load properly on the Mercedes Benz website from the edge of the pool at our Trullo in southern Italy ! Damn you internet. I’m so bored lying around in the sun…

Solo
    Free Member

Evidently I can purchase a house. But I can’t make it into a home.

I am lost.

fasthaggis

I can’t afford a Lexus Hover Board ,or the park to go with it 🙁

thepleasantpheasant
    Free Member

Society being led by people like this:

ransos
    Free Member

I used brown sugar in last night’s stir fry because I’d run out of palm sugar. For shame!

gribble
    Free Member

I had to send my faulty dropper post back to Merlin and pay postage for the return. They may have returned a brand new post, ready to be fitted, but I have to fit it. It is like a double insult.

Do you think this is newsworthy enough for Jeremy Vine?

pondo

Those bloody foxes are STILL digging up our lawn.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I’ve been invited to a BBQ but am unsure how to pronounce ‘wagyu’. I can’t go, I just can’t.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

WAG-yoo
    your welcome

ericemel
    Free Member

My robot vacuum cleaner got tangled up in toilet paper and created more mess than it cleaned.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 115 total)

The topic ‘Lets have a "first world problem" thread..’ is closed to new replies.