Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Let the mayhem begin… Yet another bike build thread
  • danielgroves
    Free Member

Everything is here. Taking the bars from my full-suss on a temporary basis until I can get the EA50s from my student flat on the 1st sept.

stevied
    Free Member

Are you making the frame out of old GT85 tins? Lawn needs some seed and there’s a few bricks missing from your wall… 😉

danielgroves
    Free Member

Are you making the frame out of old GT85 tins? Lawn needs some seed and there’s a few bricks missing from your wall…

Not lived here that long, we’re still working on it 😉

fenred
    Free Member

where the bloody hell are you? It’s pissiling down here!! 😕

danielgroves
    Free Member

Question for anyone watching. Teflon based grease safe on Carbon?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Amazing how many builds start with a planet-x/on-one box and a hope hoop box!

danielgroves
    Free Member

where the bloody hell ae you? It’s pissiling down here!!

Wiltshire

fenred
    Free Member

NOPE – FAIL!!! carbon paste for carbon.

mrblobby
    Free Member

The finish line website says their Teflon grease is ok for carbon frames. Good job too as it’s what I used!

NOPE – FAIL!!! carbon paste for carbon.

Depends what you are trying to do. If it’s a seatpost for example then carbon paste.

Assumed OP meant was it ok to use for other stuff like bearings and threaded inserts where it may get onto the frame. If not then yes use carbon paste!

fenred
    Free Member

It’s a steel frame, reckon it might end up looking something like this 😉

mrblobby
    Free Member

Doh! I’ll get my coat.

Carbon post, bars, etc. Carbon grip paste!

danielgroves
    Free Member

To be clear, this is for the headset, so some may get on the carbon steerer of the forks.

mattjg
    Free Member

Cracks in the paving just made for hiding washers, nuts, tools etc then next door’s kittens will be on the case and it will be kitty chaos. Do it indoors.

danielgroves
    Free Member

Wheels are full of latex, time for some cranks while I let the debate on the above start 😉

May just have to go up to halfrauds for some later.

mrblobby
    Free Member

To be clear, this is for the headset, so some may get on the carbon steerer of the forks.

In that case Teflon grease is fine.

fenred
    Free Member

Not sure what you mean? Headset looks like it’s already pressed, just wipe any excess grease off of the cups and inside the headtube.

mattjg
    Free Member

Stickers off rims, unless you’re sponsored by Stans.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

That patio furniture could do with a stain…

Rickos
    Free Member

This is amateur. You should get a timelapse app on your phone and timelapse record the whole thing. That’s my plan for the weekend. 🙂

fenred
    Free Member

This is amateur. You should get a timelapse app on your phone and timelapse record the whole thing. That’s my plan for the weekend.

Leave him alone, he’s had to nip to halfords for a bit. 😀

mattjg
    Free Member

someone jump over the fence and desticker the rims while he’s gone, he’ll thank you in the long run

danielgroves
    Free Member

Stickers off rims, unless you’re sponsored by Stans.

They’re with them on. I like stickers, makes me feel faster than I am.

That patio furniture could do with a stain…

Time. Don’t have much of it. It’s mums not mine 😛

This is amateur. You should get a timelapse app on your phone and timelapse record the whole thing. That’s my plan for the weekend.

Where does it say I’m pro?

Forks are on.

fenred
    Free Member

Save those frame packaging tubes, they make fab willy warmers on those cold winter rides!

mattjg
    Free Member

quite like that frame colour, is it military surplus leftover from Afghan?

danielgroves
    Free Member

quite like that frame colour, is it military surplus leftover from Afghan?

On One do call it ‘Sand’.

Cranks are on, chainring on and chainline set for the rear wheel sprocket.

organic355
    Free Member

Rim and tire logo alignment FAIL

danielgroves
    Free Member

Rim and tire logo alignment FAIL

Personally I’ve never understood why people can be assed with this. Can be hard enough to get a folding bead tyre on as it is.

Wheeley taking shape now. (sorry)

thepurist

A rigid single speed On One – how STW are you???!!!

Pots need topping up with compost & planting.

YoGrant
    Free Member

Carbon Xlite forks and hope/stans rims on an on-one?

mattjg
    Free Member

if it helps, a buddy’s got an Inbred 29er SS and loves it, he has however for steel Singular Swift forks on it, which I think would go nicely with the sand

or put another way, you bought the wrong forks

side issue: I do feel a rigid SS should be a rat-bike, built from 2nd had bargains and stray bits, not brand spanking new. New feels cheating.

thomthumb
    Free Member

rule #40

Pro mechanics do it because it makes it easier to find the valve. You do this because that’s the way pro mechanics do it.

mattjg
    Free Member

I do it so I can find the valve quickly with freezing fingers on a cold dark and rainy November night ride.

danielgroves
    Free Member

Hopefully I won’t need to with tubeless… not had to on the full-suss yet.

Shouldn’t be long till the shakedown ride…

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I demand photos of fish and hand written signs like the last bike build thread I read.

danielgroves
    Free Member

And she’s finished. Need a name now. Will post up a finished pictures once I’ve tidied up so there is less crap in the picture 😉

danielgroves
    Free Member

I demand photos of fish and hand written signs like the last bike build thread I read.

Will do shortly. I’m stood next to the aquarium now, and I have a hand-written sign on the door for the deliveryman.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Can’t decide on the aesthetic of that fork and the frame. Other than that, looks very nice. Good work.

rOcKeTdOg

Forks look wrong against the skinny gas pipe

danielgroves
    Free Member

I wasn’t sure when I ordered everything, but I’ve decided I really like it now.

FInished (except now I’ve trimmed the cabe tie ends)

matt_outandabout

Will post up a finished pictures once I’ve tidied up so there is less crap in the picture

Yeah, but they we will have a picture of an empty garden. 😕
    😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Let the mayhem begin… Yet another bike build thread’ is closed to new replies.