Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Let me roam….please
  • AndyRT
    Free Member

I live on a new housing area, with no defined connections to the bridle way or footpath network, other than walking on a main road that has no footpath for 800m, over a blind crest (you get the idea) to get to a bridle way.

Who do I go to in order to request the provision of a path, where there seems to be land the farmer can’t or won’t plough next to a fence line. Is there any precedent I can use to highlight this to my local authority etc? With the aim of permanent access?

thepurist

For large developments that sort of thing can form part of the planning consent, as the LA won’t want pedestrians in a busy road with no pavement to get to a local amenity. So I’d start by finding all the documents on the local authorities website and see if there’s anything that may have been “oberlooked” by the developer.

AndyRT
    Free Member

I’ll do that, thanks. I’m annoyed, because a path existed but the barriers put up for the next phase of development have totally blocked the route to the bridkeway.

I’ll request the plan and see if there is anything on it. Thanks

ton

why did you move there? surely you knew all this before you bought the house?

Potdog
    Free Member

So sounds like there is an existing right of way, but the developer has temporarily blocked it off while building. May be worth checking if they have any necessary permissions to close the right of way. If so I would imagine that a temporary option would have been required by the council.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Ton, simple answer is needs must. £ per m2, on the edge of West Country, plus, I have a garage of my very own now filled with wheels n stuff

Poddty, fancy a ride out at some point? How is the bike fettling business going?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Let me roam….please’ is closed to new replies.