Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Let me recommend to you…. Cut Gate
  • higgo
    Free Member

Rode out/back from Howden this evening and it is riding superbly (even if I wasn’t).

Do it from one side, do it from the other, work it into a big loop – it’s up to you but Cut Gate was good tonight.

eaststandlower
    Free Member

Amen to that. Did Cut Gate from Langsett out to Ladybower, screaming mile and back. it was ACE!

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Did Langsett to the top and back on Wednesday evening, was excellent.

Tracey

Did it last weekend and it was first class. Off to Wharncliffe tomorrow

Onzadog
    Free Member

Did it today. North out, south for the return. Riding really well and the cheeky line down to the top of Howden res is fantastic.

BoomBip
    Free Member

Onzadog – hypothetically speaking of course, would that cheeky line be shown say on an OS map?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’d imagine it would. I assume it’s cheeky. It’s clearly a path of sorts but I do worry tat I stray a little from the offical BW.

el_boufador

Aye, did it on Monday night, out and back from Langset, it was superb. Felt so lucky to be alive, well, and able to do that in these fantastic conditions.

BoomBip
    Free Member

I’d imagine it would.

Hypothetical thanks 😆

robhenry85
    Free Member

i was planing on a ride on Thursday over and back cut gate hope it stays dry 😆

Onzadog
    Free Member

Boombip, I’ve just checked the map. It’s not actuly cheeky. There’s just the one BW down to cranberry clough. Most people follow the main trail down.

Personally, I prefer to cut right into a stepped gulley to the right as the decent curves around to the left. This then joins the main track. A bit further down at a post, the main track goes left. I like to carry straight on down the steps. Half way down that bit, there’s a tight left right with a drop. It’s ridable but I like to cut that out and go straight over the big lump of rock that the trail goes around.

You can see it quite clearly on satellite images.

Hope that helps.

BoomBip
    Free Member

Onzadog – cheers, really appreciate the info.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Let me recommend to you…. Cut Gate’ is closed to new replies.