Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Lessons learnt from the weekend….
  • MicArms

Lesson number one….

rigid forks are by their nature rigid…so when attempting a steep descent with a 2 foot vertical drop at the end, don't expect 150 mm of plush travel.

Do expect a slghtly kippered front wheel. Arse..

epicyclo

You are supposed to whack the front brake on really hard at the edge of the drop. Then you go OTB and the bike lands on you and is not even scratched. 😆

rOcKeTdOg

You need limper wrists Mick, all SSers have them

TooTall
    Free Member

I have learned that deciding to 'get back on that bike' after not riding enough is great.
    However – I learned that one should not ride Cwmcarn as that first ride back. Ouchy legs.

pjt201
    Free Member

I learnt not to hit yourself in the eye with a bungee strap. If you do it ends up in partial blindness, severe shock, a night on a ward, at least 4 subsequent trips to the eye hospital and a week of enforced bed rest. Ouch.

grittyshaker
    Free Member

It's probably better to ride through the pile of dog poo on the trail rather than suffer the broken wrist caused by the fall trying to avoid it.

theotherjonv

I've learned not to even try to measure myself against the top riders at the AYTE event. Can we have new categories for superhumans, so the rest of us can feel better about ourselves.

thepurist

I learned that Army camouflage is actually quite effective when they're hiding in the bracken next to the trail, but soldiers can give their presence away by setting off a bleedin loud practice grenade about 20m away and then starting to shoot (blanks) at each other.

forge197
    Free Member

I learn't I should have booked two weeks in the Alps and not one, but at least I am off work today.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I have leaned that when a doctor says don't ride your bike or you will definately cause the dislocated collarbone you have to hurt more and take longer to fix they probably have a point.

jacko54321
    Free Member

i learnt that tiving with a broken arm is boring and depressing, and theres alot of stufff you need your dominant hand for you dont realise

jojoA1
    Free Member

I have learned that if I don't re-hydrate properly after a long day's riding in the heat, I end up with severely puffed up eyes that look like a she-dog's foof. Not pretty!

simonm
    Free Member

I learnt that racing is fun… no matter where you come.

DezB
    Free Member

I learned that racing isn't much fun if you don't get yourself fit enough first. And that my guts really don't get on with energy bars & gels.
    I think I'll retire from racing and I'm happy I've decided that.

sor
    Free Member

I have learned that thinking "four days rest is enough for that gammy knee to magically fix itself, so let's go try that 8 mile run (in the rain)" is not a good idea. Because the gammy knee will wait 40 minutes before giving up, throwing you in a puddle, and leaving you a loooong hobble home.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

You have to suck the bike up into you on landing to absorb the impact.

My lesson for the day was that painting on a scaffold 3 stories up after 5 hours sleep and a big night out is slightly scary.

Antonyfw
    Free Member

I have learned that there is always time for lube. Ouch. Sore.

z1ppy

I learned to not use that poxy fireroad back to the car park, the (natural) trail down is pretty good going back up too (and less of a climb).

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Lessons learnt from the weekend….’ is closed to new replies.