Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Lesser known riding in the Tweed Valley?
  • matttomlinson
    Free Member

Heading up to the Tweed Valley again soon – have been up plenty of times now due to how good the riding is on the Golfie/Glentress etc, but I want to find some new trails.

Looking for tips on lesser known rides in that area, ideally some big full day epics..

alexxx
    Free Member

Thornielee or however it is spelt is alright. Bottom section is much better than the top imo. But it still doesn’t feel as good as the rewards you get at the Golfie. I didn’t have the same shit eating grin as I do going down Waterworld.

Not sure if theres been much done on the back of the inners hill to make it worth an adventure back over that way?

matttomlinson
    Free Member

Ben Lomond isn’t too far away so might venture out and do that for a day instead, and then just spend the rest of the time on the old favourites on the Golfie!

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

If feeling fit you can opt for a ”tour of the valley’ taking in golfie, Inners, gypsy glen, cademuir and GT.
    Or an Inners, golfie, GT version too.

Yair just down the road (15 mins in the car) provides a good bigger day out doing a full loop (with a bit of repeating climbs)

When are you up?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Lesser known riding in the Tweed Valley?’ is closed to new replies.