Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Les Gets, France
  • pps_one
    Free Member

Myself and two friends are heading over to Les Gets this July for a lovely week of riding. I’m searching high and low for routes, but can’t seem to find any. It might be me, being too picky, but does anyone know of anywhere on the net that might be able to provide me routes? We’re all XC riders so, we don’t want Downhill specific routes, but, anything is good

neil853
    Free Member

check the ride-on website, they have a link to some routes on their website ride-on tours

pps_one
    Free Member

cheers neil, you could have text me that

neil853
    Free Member

phillip? is that you ha ha

pps_one
    Free Member

Yeah it is. I’m trying to do something a little more productive than spending cash haha

neil853
    Free Member

good man, i’m going to sell my hardtail on here i reckon. going to put it on tomorrow. need a road bike for riding to work and can’t justify or have the space for three bikes.

stick it on and see how it goes i guess?

flap_jack
    Free Member

loads of good xc routes – maps available from the TOC when you get there. If anyone starts mentioning words like ‘Gulley’ steer well clear.

neil853
    Free Member

i’ve ridden the gulley it was mint?!

squiff
    Free Member

Hey guys got my road bike today, it’s bloody fast, why are you selling your hardtail neil?

squiff
    Free Member

Do you like it?

squiff
    Free Member

That’s better

neil853
    Free Member

mate thats well nice! i’m selling my hardtail to make space for another which will either be a cyclocross bike or a road bike.

squiff
    Free Member

I rode the bike back from the shop, it was well weird riding it, cos am use to mtb, have you got a budget for a road bike, GOD just think we might end up sacking off mtb and come roadies, imagine that!!!!!!!!

neil853
    Free Member

err no?! its only for something different and to get backwards and forwards to work, about a grand.

squiff
    Free Member

You could get a chris boardman carbon for that, all the mags are highly rating them

bland

You will be needing one of these

Bike Fax Book

Alternately get a lift pass and a trail map and explore. If you are after true hidden singletrack id say get a guide as most of teh stuff there is wel trodden DH orientated stuff, if you want more english style XC singletrack and downhill tracks you are best heading out of les gets /morzine, maybes go over to chamonix for a day or down to the three valleys. Either way you dont go to france to ride up hill all day, thats what the UK is for so just man up and have fun!

juan
    Free Member

bland
    The most typical idiot from STW…

more english style XC singletrack
    you dont go to france to ride up hill all day

Stupidest thing spoot on here for a long long time.

bland

yeah but the stuff what goes on for 20 minutes – you know what i mean!

Ambrose

What you need is a decent map, a V TOPO guide book ( http://www.vtopo.com/?-VTOPO-Portes-du-Soleil-English- ) and a sense of adventure. LOADS to do XC wise. And Morzine is 15 mins away by bike, opening up a whole new ball game of fun and frolics. Switzerland a go go! Were out agin for yet another summer of fun and frolics- when you going, where you staying, fancy a ride? We’ve booked a chalet up towards Les prodains, close under Avoriaz.

MussEd
    Free Member

Check this for starters – Map of Routes around Les Gets

UK-FLATLANDER

Second the VTOPO guide, found it great last year.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Les Gets, France’ is closed to new replies.