Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Les Deux Alpes – Any good for bikes
  • Killer
    Free Member

random back story, but the important thing here is what is the biking like at Les Deux Alpes?
    XC and DH? easy/hard/ etc? is there a good scene during the summer or just the odd bike or two?

anybody been, or go there regular?

katykins
    Free Member

I went last summer. It was pretty good, a great mix of tracks. Alpe D’Huez is close too so you could do a few days at each (thats what we did) and so you could have a go at the Megavalanche course too.
    It was no where near as busy as Morzine/Les Gets, but still worth a visit.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Definitely more than a bike or two.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Very Very good, only manages 1 day out of Alp D’Heuz but loved it only a handfull of trees so take lots of sun screen. The Vesosc is AWESOME

katykins
    Free Member

The red run with all the berms and switchbacks down to Venosc? Definitely awesome 😀
    Actually, we did the Mountain of Hell trail at Les Deux which I thought was just as good as the Mega.

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

Nice. Plenty of trails, nice town, some very long descents (2000 metres plus vertical) and all the lifts either climb up from or up into the town, the furthest apart being about a mile (so no trekking across the countryside like you do in the PDS if you want to go to the further out resorts).

I reckon you may get a bit sick of the trails after a few days but Alpe D’Huez is less than an hour away and also has tons of lovely trails and is quite different. Outside of Mega week, a weeks lift pass for one resort gives you a days riding at the other resort.

Oh, and regardless of what Solomanda tells you, don’t be tempted to go to La Grave because it is crap.

Killer
    Free Member

So mostly DH stuff then? what about XC type stuff?

katykins
    Free Member

There is loads of xc too. We stayed with Ride Oisans and although we went off to do the downhill trails they do mostly guided xc which according to my friends who did it was really good.
    Les Deux Alpes
    Info here

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Les Deux Alpes – Any good for bikes’ is closed to new replies.