Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Les Bikes du jour – what’s trendy?
  • charliemort

So what are the current “in favour” bikes – you know, the ones that somehow get themselves noticed by riders and journo’s alike over the 100’s of others out there, and seem to be (almost) universally acknowledged as being a bit special?

My starter for 10:

– Specialized Pitch. Personally I’m a bit confused about how these fit in alongside the Enduro, but seem to be getting lots of column inches
    – Yeti 575 – strong following, lots of people seem to know about them but I doubt there are all that many around
    – Lapierre Zesty (especially)and Spicy – new Kids on the block
    – Orange Five – just keeps on going

whatdyaareckonthen?

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Prophets. mmmmm

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pitch = Cheap Enduro that rides almost as well. Bargaintastic. What’s not to like? (From an Enduro rider…!)

nukeproof
    Free Member

The Trek Fuel EX range?

I’d say in terms of ‘trendy’, frames like the 575 are out and, in these credit crunch times, the off-the-shelf high VFM bikes are ‘in’ e.g. the Pitch 🙄 😉

It is of course all bolloxs and you should ride whatever takes your fancy 😀

RustySpanner

Unicycle belt-drive Tandems, made out of stockpiled MINI’s are the next big thing, apparently.

RustySpanner

TBH, think we might see the resurgence of the ‘lookalike’ cheaper racing bike, due to the Lance/Chris Hoy effect this summer. Raleigh Arena anyone?

Every bike shop I talk to says that they seem to be getting a lot of newbies and returnees, so I would think lots of mid price machines of all types.
    Seem to be quite few pricey hybrids round here as well.

chakaping
    Free Member

Hasn’t the 575 been eclipsed by the SC Blur LT and Intense Tracer in terms of “in-ness” now?

After all, why pay £1200 for a frame when you could pay £1700?

😉

charliemort

ahhh but Yeti have caught on and upped the price of the 575 to £1650 now

It’s a cunning plan!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Les Bikes du jour – what’s trendy?’ is closed to new replies.