Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Les Arcs….bike choice?
  • gfrew88
    Free Member

Got 10 days riding in Les Arcs and the surrounding areas in August, I’m currently riding a carbon solo which i love riding and know its a very capable bike on uk trails but I’m wondering if its going to be burly enough for 10 days in the alps???

wallop

I would have thought so. Most of the riding around Les Arcs is tight, rooty, sometimes rocky, switchbacky. It’s not all six foot doubles and gap jumps.

julians
    Free Member

I did a week in les arcs a couple of years ago, your bike will be fine for it. I did it on an Ibis mojo HD , which was also fine.

I hired a downhill bike for a day, but it was the wrong bike, way too cumbersome.

bigjim

depends what you are riding, the guides I’ve had in the Alps have usually been on hardtails and get on just fine.

johnners
    Free Member

I’ve taken a ht a couple of times, and a fs another year. Both were fine, just take what you’re used to and you’ll have a blast.

GolfChick
    Free Member

I went couple of years ago on a heckler so I reckon your carbon solo will be more than capable, I wouldn’t think twice about taking my carbon bronson.

philstone

Take a Mojo HD every year. Borrowed a mates Demo last year for a day, not anywhere near as much fun.

gfrew88
    Free Member

cheers for the info, i reckon ill just beef it up a little bit with bigger rotors, tyres etc .

wallop

Let us know how you get on – I had a spin on a 5010 yesterday and I really liked it!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Les Arcs….bike choice?’ is closed to new replies.