Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • les arcs singletrack
  • nobbyq
    Free Member

anyone got any good routes /directions to unmarked stuff please ?

robarnold
    Free Member

It’s endless. We’d be here for days describing it if we tried.

Buy an IGN map when you get there and go exploring. The Super U and Intersport on the way out of BSM towards Val D’Isere sell them. There’s excellent stuff linking the villages in the Ponthurin Valley (the valley in between Les Arcs and La Plagne) back to the ski resorts on both sides like Montchavin, Les Coches, Vallandry and Plan Peisey.

A surprising amount of what seem to be sneaky walkers trails are marked on the maps and quite accurately reflect what is on the ground. Use the local buses with bike racks on the back, the funiculaire and the ski lifts if there in July or August to get up high early and explore to your hearts content.

I guided there for two seasons then took the wife back for our honeymoon two years ago, I’d say I know barely 10% of the stuff. Enjoy. It’s an incredible place.

wallop

It is an incredible place – we are going back for our third year running this year.

You can buy IGN maps from Stanfords – get hold of one and just look for the wiggly downhill lines which are accessible from the lifts open in the summer.

And search this website – there are loads of threads.

Enjoy!

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

rob, what did the Mrs. do while you were out biking all day?

nobbyq
    Free Member

whats a ign map ? a normal map ?

flatfish
    Free Member

Dash4it do cheaper IGN maps

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘les arcs singletrack’ is closed to new replies.