Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Les Arcs- possible for cheaper?
  • scant
    Free Member

I’ve seen videos of the smooth flowing singletrack of Les Arcs & after a few years of the breaking bumps of Morzine I’d love to try Les Arcs. contacted Trail Addiction who are quoting £549 for guiding, food & accomodation, but not flights or transfers. Is it possible to get self catered accomodation for cheaper & to self guide in Les Arcs? are the trails easy to find & piece together?
    we’re used to spending £600 all in for a week in morzine. With flights & transfers using Trail Addiction with flights & transfers looks to be closer to £900.

appreciate advice & info from anyone whos self catered & self guided there?

thanks!

joolsburger
    Free Member

For a week with guiding and board that’s a good deal – really. We have friends in Peisey Nancroix who we stay with on the cheap and that’s not far off what we’d spend when you take food and so on into it. Yes it is easy to find the basic trails but no it isn’t to find the best ones and link it all up for the best ride to faffing ratio. We did it without a guide and I’m sure we missed a few decent trails but did find all of the main ones and a few off piste.

Perhaps you could save a bit by driving? 4 up in a deisel galaxy cost us just over £350.00 total from London driving overnight which also gives an extra day or so on the trails.

steveh

You’ll only find a fraction of the trails without guides. If you do it self guide for a week then you’ll stumble on to some good ones of the os type maps but lots of dead ends too.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Camp at Versoyen, 5 mins from funicular. Trails like La Varda and Double Header are dead easy to find on your own.

honourablegeorge

Have you got a group?

We stayed in The Loft, which is dead cheap, and did uplifts/guiding with Coolbus.

Northwind

Everything’s possible for cheaper- but, with your numbers there you’re at £550 for accomodation, food and guiding, and £350 for everything else. So even if you were to knock off £200 from accomodation and food, you’ve still got a decent size bill but you’ll get less for your money. Guiding IMO doesn’t work out that expensive when you consider it a holiday multiplier, you’ll miss less good trails, ride less crap ones, waste less time getting lost, and have better backup if things go wrong.

FWIW White Room charge the same for a week and include transfers from Geneva.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Last time I was there we used discount vouchers printed on the back of the till receipts from Super U in BSM. This is cost effective if buying day passes, but doesn’t apply to week-long passes. IIRC we go a day pass on a Saturday for 10 euro as some special deal.

scant
    Free Member

thanks for info every1

honourablegeorge

Coolbus were 200 Euro a day for guide & uplifts. There were only two of us (was a last minute weekend skive from work) but there was room for 5, maybe 6 I think, so it’d be much cheaper with a group, and The Loft was cheap as chips.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yep you can of course but it might not be as good.

Did the white room who used van & trailers to access some of the stuff you cant do by lift and link days up. Did some epic riding, had some awesome food and guided all the way in small groups.

Worth every penny (we ended up staying longer as their was space) was my first guided trip and it was an eye opener.

As people have said finding trails is tough going out there so guides make a big difference. On top of that some of the best trails we rode were not in Les Arcs at all but in the surrounding mountains and resorts (some without any lifts at all) so being driven up passes made it all worthwhile.

legend
    Free Member

As others have said, Les Arcs is all about the guiding. Even borrowing a map (not the standard resort trail map) from our guide on their day off we still couldn’t find half the trails!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Les Arcs- possible for cheaper?’ is closed to new replies.