Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Les Arcs in summer, suggestions needed
  • we78
    Free Member

Hi
    I am planning to go to Les Arcs for 3 weeks in August to do some trails riding.
    I’ve been in Morzine last year and now looking for something abit different, more All Mountain and XC, less DH.

Which village is the best to stay in/the closest to the lifts and the trails?
    Do you think there is enough trails to keep me busy for 3 weeks riding in that area?
    Any general tips for that area? I don’t plan to get too much guiding (maybe abit here and there), and do most of the exploration by myself using a GPS/joining riders who are already there.

Thanks!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Cool Bus do some shuttleing, the area outside of the resort (not many lifts) have my more preferred riding. St Foye, La Thuile and the Rosarrie and the hills down from there stuff up the valley towards Tignes and there is some stuff heading down the valley too. Pila is close by too for another additional trip. There is some great longer back country stuff out there but it will mostly need logistical support.
    I think there are a lot more GPS and maps available these days. I’d suggest looking at some guiding initially to get a lay of the land and maybe something for some of the big day stuff too.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Les Arcs in summer, suggestions needed’ is closed to new replies.