Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Les Arcs – anyone been biking there?
  • rascal
    Free Member

Poss trip there this summer. Done Morzine 3 times but not for ages….how does Les Arcs compare? Where did you fly into? Cheers

somouk
    Free Member

My Brother lives down there and normally flies into Geneva if that’s any help.

steveh

For trail riding I’d say it’s better. It’s hard to find all the really good stuff without a guide but for epic singletrack trails it’s hard to beat.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    titusrider
    Free Member

lots and lots of people on here have been, search for it 🙂

the gist is:

yes its very good
    less DH focused then Morzine
    rocky, singletrack
    You pretty much need a guide to find most of it

fbk
    Free Member

We’re heading down there for the 2nd time this July and it rocks!

As above, do a search on here – there’s been loads of threads on the area in the past few months.

wallop

Yep, off for our 2nd trip this July too. Also got St Foy, La Rosiere and Tignes all very close by (so we drive).

dan45a
    Free Member

Les arcs is amazing, especially for more natural all mountain riding. It’s plenty technical enough. you can do about 2-3 days on the marked stuff but to get the best riding get a guide. We used rob from cool bus.
    http://www.thecoolbus.co.uk/history.html

I’ve done morzine twice now and after the second visit much preferred les arcs, it’s higher with longer descents and less braking bumps. I’m tempted to return but so many other places to try.

Stayed at chill chalet in bourg which was also very good.

Def go for it.

Brianblessed
    Free Member

techy singletrsck heaven !

mikewsmith
    Free Member

awesome like your favourite UK trails but 20 times longer…

also search a bit 🙂

Usual advice from me the resort is only half the story, the rest of the valley is not lifted but awesome riding, solo it’s hard work guiding is great, guiding with a van/trailer is heaven 🙂

10 days worth of riding – https://vimeo.com/album/1988585

robarnold
    Free Member

I guided in the valley over three years and can safely say it’s an absolutely ENDLESS supply of techy, long, scenic singletrack. The chap I worked for is still finding new trails and he’s lived there for 12 years. You could do a week of using the lift assisted stuff and never ride the same trail twice, then you could ride for another three months and do the same.

It’s awesome, Bourg St Maurice is a lovely quaint town and the transport links are excellent. Have a look at bikevillage.co.uk for a taster

Northwind

We spent a day riding at Les Arcs with White Room, really enjoyed but tbh, I don’t think any of the best riding we did in the area was in the resort. Getting guided around sainte foy, bourg and la rosiere was better. La Thuile just over the border was amazing, best place I’ve ever ridden, almost like they built the place with me in mind.

But to be fair to Les Arcs I doubt we more than scratched the surface and it could be if we’d spent days there I’d be raving about other trails we didn’t ride 😉 And it was still fantastic- just that it was outshone by even more great trails. The riding around there is godly.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Les Arcs – anyone been biking there?’ is closed to new replies.