Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Les Arc new enduro trail 'epic descent' of 32 kilometres, where?
  • lardman
    Free Member

….where’s that then? I’m off tomorrow for a week there, and wondered if anyone had ridden this trail, or knew where the start/end points are. Does it run from the top of the main lifts? where doers it run down to?

We have a day at our weeks guiding place where everyone seems to want to ‘rest’ ?
    Not wanting to rest myself, on the only one week i get every couple of years, i thought I would search out this trail.

So, where should i be looking for this, anyone know?

jambalaya
    Free Member

The top lifts are shut now I believe. My experience of a guided week is that a days rest in the middle is essential !

mrhoppy

I think it’s ‘route 66’ an in epic blue that runs from the top of the lifts out of arc 2k.

br
    Free Member

+1 Rest day is needed

and you’ll either do the trail with the Guides or they’ll tell you where it is.

maxtorque

Getting to the top of route66 without the lifts is going to be an epic in itself!! 😉

Northwind

I always ride on the rest days, and the transfer days too if I can. I like the change of pace, we spent a lovely day just pissing about at Tignes one year, totally brain out easy riding, change is as good as a rest

legend
    Free Member

Rest days are for the weak and the massively hungover

shifter
    Free Member

No way was I driving all that bloody way to not ride on the rest day!
    The funicular will be open surely? You could do laps of the Black 8 🙂

stevomcd
    Free Member

It’s a blue and is at least 50% fire-road. We’ll tell you much better stuff to ride! 😉

And ALL the lifts are shut, funi included.

lardman
    Free Member

yeah, i knew the lifts and Funi were closed, and i’m sure you’ll be able to help us Stevo.

In fact we (myself and my photographer friend who is coming) have a little plan for some time spent riding on the rest day, and getting some properly set-up shots taken. Maybe you’d like to join us, and we could get some done for you guys? lets discuss when we get there on saturday.

See you then.

julians
    Free Member

It’s called route 66 and it rubbish, mostly a fire road descent into bourg.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

stevomcd – Member
    It’s a blue and is at least 50% fire-road. We’ll tell you much better stuff to ride!

So they got the old trail builders/mappers back then 😉

Northwind

I think I did a chunk of it last year, joining up other trails to get back to black 8 from the lakes trail. I would say, it was very pleasant, for a wee ride in the country, but nobody ever went to teh alps to ride things like that.

The trail map says 85% vehicle trails btw!

Joe

The long red enduro red run down to the river is pretty bloody epic though. Really struggled to even hold on, but pretty natural trains, snaking through the woods.

The black run down to the town is also pretty bonkers, though requires a little bit more skill. Also pretty natural and whizzy.

Wouldn’t bother with the silly route 66 nonsense. Kinda a family trail.

rone

It was my favourite ride of my week there. Rode up and then came back down , very fast half way down as it does turn to fire road. But there are plenty of twists and turns at the top.

I like distance and climbing so it suited me.

bigjim

The long red enduro red run down to the river is pretty bloody epic though. Really struggled to even hold on, but pretty natural trains, snaking through the woods.

I was laughing so hard towards the end of that trail that I was struggling to see, nevermind hold on, or slow down for the road crossings. I think it’s called Dr Dre enters Pingu

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Les Arc new enduro trail 'epic descent' of 32 kilometres, where?’ is closed to new replies.