Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Leonardi General Lee Shimano adaptor availability
  • andysmiff1
    Free Member

Arse!

Hmmm, maybe you’ll see a nearly new SLX GS clutch mech on the classifieds within the next couple of weeks……..

robgclarkson
    Free Member

If you’re getting the cassette adapter then I’d give it a try with the GS mech… It may be ok….

andysmiff1
    Free Member

Yeah, re-reading the thread Robin was using a GS mech.

No harm in trying it, and if needs be I could buy an SGS mech if it doesn’t work and flog the GS on.

Glad to hear its working well for you so far!

Cheers!

robarnold
    Free Member

My set up this morning with a GS rear mech, first ride out shortly. In the stand the only resistance in shifting is when going from gears 3-4 and vice versa off and back on to the adaptor from the Shimano cogs. I’ll see how it settles before I go mad with a dremel :D.

One thing I did notice is that I had to put a longer b-tension screw in to get the top jockey wheel clear of the 42t ring.

Will update later on first ride thoughts

honourablegeorge

Herman company called Trickstuff have shown a 10-40 cassette at Eurbike

godzilla
    Free Member

Out of interest what ratio cassettes are you mating the General lee?

patriotpro
    Free Member

About to go 11-36 / 34. Pretty sure my legs are gonna kill me!

njee20
    Free Member

Herman company called Trickstuff have shown a 10-40 cassette at Eurbike

Interesting… where did you find that?

honourablegeorge

njee20 – Member

Interesting… where did you find that?

Amongst Dirt’s Eurobike photos, no more info than that, and nothing on Trickstuff’s website yet.

clubber
    Free Member

Here:

http://dirt.mpora.com/news/eurobike-2013-product-photo-gallery-part-1.html#

And they say:

Trickstuff also had this wide range 11-40 10 speed cassette on show. That’s not too far off what XX1 offers, yet with this you get to keep all your other kit. If the price is sensible on this then it could sell like hot cakes.

Which makes sense as I don’t think that a 10 will fit on a standard cassette body.

bloodyshins
    Free Member

Has anyone got any experience with this setup? It would be a lot cheaper than the Leonardi or the Trickstuff converters…

http://www.ebay.com/itm/41-Tooth-Cog-for-Mountain-Bike-Cassette-41t-Sprocket-/251324151982?pt=US_Cassettes_Freewheels_Cogs&hash=item3a841638ae#shId

dirtyrider
    Free Member

It’s heavy very very heavy

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Leonardi General Lee Shimano adaptor availability’ is closed to new replies.