Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Leogang, Leogang Leogang WC/DH/Spoilers etc.
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

You’d have to think so

mikey74
    Free Member

Claudio said in commentary he thought it was about 30s of pedalling. I wonder how much he would have won by with a chain.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

MSP – Member
    I think he is in the form to have won by 5+ seconds if he could have pedalled in places.

no chain sees to equal a mind state that can’t exist with a chain – I think history shows that. Gutted cor Connor

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tenfoot

Can’t say I’m a massive fan of Gwin,but you have to respect him. He makes it look easy.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

That was pretty bonkers! The fact that there was no second thoughts about what to do, just ride and keep on it!

dannyh
    Free Member

Can’t say I’m a massive fan of Gwin,but you have to respect him. He makes it look easy.

Style-wise I’m a Blenky fan, but you can’t argue with Gwin being the best around right now. He’s pretty spot on with his opinions as well. He got it absolutely right at Fort William saying he was happy with his run, but it was beatable. Minnaar proved the point.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

No chain deffo makes you a smoother rider, I bust a mech hanger in whistler one year and rode chainless for a month, after a few runs you dont miss it and you soon learn to keep speed.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

A month with no chain? 😆

deanfbm
    Free Member

So impressed by Gwins run.

Hopefully less weirded out looks at me when i suggest to people they’re pedalling too much. Though i dont get how the incessant tick of my rear hub, whilst im on their back wheel, them pedalling with all their might, isn’t a good indication that their pedalling is doing nothing *not trying to toot my own horn, just really enjoy watching good riding/pains me when i see such effort for no reward*.

oldfart

I too feel for Connor he’s catapulted Kona back in the limelight but hats off to Gwin how the hell did that happen . BTW I competed in the WORLD Chainless Championship in Crested Butte a few years back dressed as Winnie The Pooh ! 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

Fearon should just be delighted he didn’t get DQed. Second is a fantastic result against one of the greatest race runs in history.

I think he is in the form to have won by 5+ seconds if he could have pedalled in places.

+1

Gwin has form for demolishing the field and looks to be right back on top form.

mikey74
    Free Member

Fearon should just be delighted he didn’t get DQed.

Did anyone see Carpenter’s run? She got disqualified at the same point, didn’t she? Claudio reckoned you have to be outside the poles to be in trouble, which Fearon wasn’t.

euans2
    Free Member

Anyone know if Gee had a mechanical? there appeared to be a distinct lack of pedalling on the bottom half of the track

maxtorque

SRAM rushing out XXnone, Shimano with 1×0 for 2016 DH bikes!

singlespeedstu

LOLing at Max.

jontykint
    Free Member

Think of the weight savings!
    Never mind taking 2 bolts out of the rotors
    No rear d, no cassette, no chainring, no shifters!

TheOtherJamie
    Free Member

Anyone know if Gee had a mechanical? there appeared to be a distinct lack of pedalling on the bottom half of the track

If you watch the slo-mo of where he takes the left line on the jump after the pedally bit you can see the mech smash into the log and the chain go slack. I’m surprised Warner or Claudio missed it.

Mugboo

Surely somebody will need to invent a chain that self destructs after you’ve ‘snapped’ out of the gate? Mind boggling run

scaredypants

I’m surprised a few others didn’t rip off their mechs at the same point

colp

Snapped my chain there last year, carried on riding all day and had a cracking day, focused more on not braking and pumping. The middle section totally depends on how quick you enter it and the wind. Normally pedal up to the first jump and just roll from there.

bedmaker

Sod the track walk next race, expect to see the racers in church Sunday morning 😆

egb81
    Free Member

With the form Gwin’s in, he could win it on a balance bike.

Northwind

I know a lot of people don’t like Gwin but he really is a magnificent rider. Total mancrush here.

plyphon – Member

There was that quite “controversial” blogger/journalist who wrote an article on how MTB suspension is being hampered by clutches and derailleurs, I bet he’s got a massive grin on now.

When Neko Mulally lost his chain and came in 4th, Chris Porter claimed he went faster because his suspension was working better without the chain, and reckoned it proved him right. Neko, otoh, said: “I guess I changed my mindset because I had nothing to lose and just pinned it.” So yeah, he will probably have a massive grin but that’s because he’s a fanny.

themightymowgli
    Free Member

I’m off to church

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Just watched it all on Red Bull TV without knowing the result beforehand WTF!! 😯

asdfhjkl
    Free Member

Winning with no chain is impressive as heck, but even more surprising, to me, was that he was the fastest through the speed trap! With nae chain!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Blimey. Time for the hobbyhorse to make comeback.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Riders of mountain bikes – throw off your chains!

*unless you ride xc or use the bike to get to the pub.

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Leogang, Leogang Leogang WC/DH/Spoilers etc.’ is closed to new replies.