Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Lent a neighbour money,…still waiting….
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I lent a female neighbour £20 a week last Friday, she said she’d pay me back that weekend, and bring a bottle of vino to say thank you…

Apparently she had lost her bank card and everyone else she tried was out and she needed it there and then…

I had a text off her a week ago saying she hadn’t forgot about it and her phone was playing up (suspicion aroused) ….

nothing at all since, not a squeek, I live about 80 yards away in a straight line, i told her she could put it under my door mat if i wasn’t in…nothing….

I’m moving on Thursday (she doesn’t know this), and was thinking of some mindless retribution before i left, assuming she doesn’t come forward with it.

I can of course just go around and politely ask for the money, but may be given some more BS just to see me off…

She had a penchant for leaving her boots on her landing, so weeing in boots is an option i have considered, before i disappear into the night…I don’t own bombers!

Considering my current financial situation its something i shouldn’t have even done really…!

thehustler
    Free Member

This thread is usless without pics to work out if payment in kind is a viable option…..

Shibboleth
    Free Member

You’re belly-aching over 20 quid??

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Just go and knock on her door and ask for it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Go and ask her for the money

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

yes

binners

Just to get it in before the usual too-timid-and-fragile-for-21st-century-life bedwetters suspects – phone the police 😆

Anyway… is she fit?

cynic-al
    Free Member

All of the above.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

is she fit?

Thickening the plot really won’t help me get my money back….. and it’s unrelated to the issue, well, at least i thought it was?

Maybe she’s considering this a long overdue payment? 😀

I’m very much a man of principle, If someone mugs me in the street, at least they are being honest in their intentions!

teadrinker
    Free Member

i told her she could put it under my door mat if i wasn’t in

If she is dishonest she could just say “i left it under the doormat as instructed”

Good luck though getting your money back.

DezB
    Free Member

I think you need to suck it up

Sod that! She SAID SHE’D PAY HIM BACK! So now she’s a liar and a thief.

Put a card up in the local phone box/public toilet with her number on it…

beefheart
    Free Member

Thickening the plot really won’t help me get my money back…

Perhaps you could march her round town, pimping her out in the kebab shops until she’s paid off her debt?

DezB
    Free Member

Here you go. Should be easy enough to edit the number on this one

officialtob
    Free Member

You WOULDN’T belly-ache over 20 quid??

Sod that!
    +1

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I’m tempted to change hot, hot, hot to

GROT! GROT! GROT!

patriotpro
    Free Member

If you’re moving, she’s not really in a position to be playing these little games.

Go round, ask her for the money, if she says she doesn’t have it, say you need it by (insert date here). If she doesn’t have it on that date, either suck it up or deliver your own brand of retribution…

Failing that shibboleth will give you it back as it’s only £20.

DezB
    Free Member

If she’s moving

She’s moving too?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

If you’re moving, she’s not really in a position to be playing these little games.

Go round, ask her for the money, if she says she doesn’t have it, say you need it by (insert date here). If she doesn’t have it on that date, either suck it up or deliver your own brand of retribution…

WIN WIN

teadrinker
    Free Member

make sure it’s PP gift though.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Perhaps the old maxim “Never lend what you can’t afford to lose” should remain at the forefront of your mind in future.

It’s hardly going to ruin you, is it? It’s a couple of bottles of wine or a takeaway. I’m sure you can manage without just the once, and if your craving is particularly strong, channel those feelings next time some little strumpet wafts by and asks to borrow a score.

SkillWill
    Free Member

I wouldn’t. I really wouldn’t.

Mate owes me £1k actually which I think he’s forgotten about. Note I am far from rich that happens to be a coincidence, I really wouldn’t bother starting a thread on a forum about what to do over a £20 debt though.

jam-bo

not to a bunch of strangers on the internet.

I’d go and ask the person who owed me money for it back.

anonymouse
    Free Member

Perhaps the old maxim “Never lend what you can’t afford to lose” should remain at the forefront of your mind in future.

It’s hardly going to ruin you, is it? It’s a couple of bottles of wine or a takeaway. I’m sure you can manage without just the once, and if your craving is particularly strong, channel those feelings next time some little strumpet wafts by and asks to borrow a score

This.

aracer
    Free Member

Just go and knock on her door and ask for it.

This 😉

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Maybe I should start pulling this little stunt myself, and leave all my morals behind?

crankboy
    Free Member

“Maybe she’s considering this a long overdue payment?”

how long ago and how did it end?

slowmart
    Free Member

Can we back track and understand your reasoning for providing the loan?

1/ She’s fit, your flattered and consider this a way to get to know this woman more and your wondering how good she is in bed?
    2/ She’s fit, your hopeful of sex. Short but pointed thought process.
    3/ You were drunk and she’s ugly inside and out but you were hopeful of sex. Still.
    4/ Your a decent human being and wanted to do the right thing……and she’s fit revert back to 1/

Either way you have been screwed except not in the way you had probably hoped for. Another way of looking at this as you have had a lucky escape and the cost was only £20 rather than emotional.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Or how’s about:

5/ Your hoping shell teach slowmart how to use an apostrophe.

Mister-P
    Free Member

5/ Your hoping shell teach slowmart how to use an apostrophe.

And perhaps give you a pointer too?

EDIT – I see what you did there 😳

DezB
    Free Member

Ninja edit hey? Now it doesn’t make sense 🙂

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Checklist:
    Lime
    Shovel
    Plastic sheeting
    shoe covers
    balaclava
    sharp knife
    car with a good sized boot
    overalls
    And once you’ve replastered her outhouse ask her for your money back.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

..or get her to

mrchrispy

replastered her outhouse

LOLZ

bikebouy
    Free Member

Put on some false eyelashes, a dash of No7 blusher, a skirt, tights with a hole in, a low cut top and some heels then go round hers and whilst knocking on her front door, lean forward and breath heavily whilst asking for your £20.

Let us know the reaction.. 😉

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Put on some false eyelashes, a dash of No7 blusher, a skirt, tights with a hole in, a low cut top and some heels then go round hers and whilst knocking on her front door, lean forward and breath heavily whilst asking for your £20.

Let us know the reaction..

She has a thing for dressing up, i doubt she’d be shocked!

Getting it on with Wonder Woman was a highlight 🙂

spawnofyorkshire

“replastered her outhouse”

Is that a new finishing move?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Sounds like he has already.

£20 well spent I’d say.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It’s hardly going to ruin you, is it? It’s a couple of bottles of wine or a takeaway. I’m sure you can manage without just the once, and if your craving is particularly strong, channel those feelings next time some little strumpet wafts by and asks to borrow a score.

I wouldn’t. I really wouldn’t.

Great!
    Can I borrow £20 please?

tiggs121
    Free Member

Go and see her – tell her you’re skint and need the money. I’m sure she’ll be reasonable and pay you back.

Before any thoughts of retribution – you must speak to her!

Let us know how it goes.

As for making an issue over £20 – you are quite right so to do. She did!

Good luck.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

🙂 much love to the onsiders

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Lent a neighbour money,…still waiting….’ is closed to new replies.