Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Lenovo ThinkPad T420
  • wheelie

Hi, just wondered about your thoughts on this laptop. Just need for basic computer needs… Internet, email simple spreadsheets etc. Is 1600 the resolution I need?

http://www.tier1online.com/728-4180a32/lenovo-thinkpad-t420-intel-core-i5-2520m-2-50ghz-ram-8gb-hdd320-gb-dvd-rw-4180a32-windows-7-professional-grade-a-14-1600-x-900-webcam-wireless

gary

More than enough for basic stuff, and ThinkPads are pretty bombproof. We use loads of them at work and I’ve had a T410 and now a T520.

If you want light and portable though, look elsewhere, these are relatively chunky and heavy laptops. My T520 rarely leaves my desk and wouldn’t personally have one for home use.

gary

Oh and keep an eye on the grading of refurbished stuff – the lower graded units can be quite scruffy

matt_outandabout

More than enough IMO.

And our Lenovo (i3/6gb/graphics card) is way better in build quality than my work acer (i5/4Gb/no graphics card). Both seem identical in performance, if anything the i5 does ‘everyday’ bits (like open word) quicker.

dazz
    Free Member

I’m using a T420 at the moment, as has been said more than powerful enough for home use, quite dated looks wise & very bulky, but bullet proof. Much better quality than equivalent machines I’ve used. It just feels right

vikingboy
    Free Member

wife uses one – seems happy enough watching videos on line, writing docs & email.
    Bombproof quality and easy to replace anything that goes wrong – unlike macbooks!

Markie
    Free Member

My dad has one and I reckon it’d be fine for what you want. Good to work on too – had his apart to clear dust and put in new thermal paste and it was nice and straightforward.

wheelie

Thanks for your imput everyone. I have just ordered one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Lenovo ThinkPad T420’ is closed to new replies.