Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Lenovo Ideapad
  • alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

We have been told old our son needs a laptop for school. Although this has probably only been suggested to my wife. We have ipads and an Imac in the house. We do have and an old Windows XP laptop but the dvd driver is damage and laptop will not update.

Would something like this link be suitable for basics (and playing mincraft)?

Or any suggestions for a cheaper alternative

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/lenovo-g50-15-6-laptop-silver-10137559-pdt.html?gclid=CjwKEAjw5vu8BRC8rIGNrqbPuSESJADG8RV0fQFkmH_yHQReCOWhUTQjO6D0VJAp1ned60dERtg9ERoC3kvw_wcB&srcid=198&cmpid=ppc~gg~~~Exact&mctag=gg_goog_7904&s_kwcid=AL!3391!3!93617644579!!!g!132120350179!&device=c&istCompanyId=bec25c7e-cbcd-460d-81d5-a25372d2e3d7&istItemId=mrrxwtppt&istBid=tztx&PLA=1&ef_id=V069wwAABZ6zJp8f:20160802060802:s

holst
    Free Member

Might be a bit heavy to carry around but should handle basic school stuff perfectly.

ajantom

Windows 10 tablet (Tesco currently have a 9″ one for £69) + keyboard and case?
    Lighter and probably just as useful. If he’s at secondary most schools have gone over to Office 360, so he’ll have free access to Word, etc.

somouk
    Free Member

I would ask the school what they recommend and what it will be used for.

You may find if they are a google school that a chromebook could be a more efficient purchase.

oldnpastit

Chromebook?

I got one of these. I think if you shop around you could get them for less.

Very light, battery lasts for ages. Doesn’t have Windows (a bonus feature).

Not completely idiot proof though – make sure you get a good bag for it unless you like replacing keyboards (probably true of all laptops though).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Lenovo Ideapad’ is closed to new replies.