Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Length of time for a bike shop to hold your bike.
  • edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

I had this once with a bike shop – excellent mechanics but the shop had no organisational skills.

My bike threw up a problem of difficult to get frame bearings..from what I could gather they then put it in the back whilst trying to source them…but…the mechanic then had constant new jobs booked in and kept forgetting to try to find the brearings I needed…went on for nearly a month.

I never went back and would never recommend them. Shame because the mechanics skills were really good…bike shop owners fault IMO..

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

I really don’t understand shops that do this (I’m not complaining though as it allows me to have my fast turnaround niche/usp).

It’s surely in every shop’s best interest to get jobs turned around as fast as possible because A) uncollected repairs get in the way, and B) uncollected repairs aren’t money in the till.

It’s not rocket surgery…

sergethesealofdeath
    Free Member

Problem is I really like the ethos of the shop, I do not spend a lot of money on maintenance, typically doing it myself, but thought as its going to be close to £200 worth of parts I would take it to a shop.
    I recommend this shop to lots of colleges, friends and bikers from the local area as its a bit intimidating if you are not a full on bike geek. I even went to the first days opening.
    Now I am just miffed.

sergethesealofdeath
    Free Member

They say they will look at it today!, hummm.

martinhutch

Is it just going in the stand now? 😀

Trouble is, now they will say it will be a week waiting for parts, which will turn into three weeks…

andybrad

get it back!

stumpy01

So they’ve had your bike 4 and a half weeks so far and haven’t done anything to it!?

You have the patience of a saint. I’d have gone in & asked for it back by now unless they could come up with a very good reason why they need it for so long…

Are you sure they haven’t lost/sold it or had it nicked???

sergethesealofdeath
    Free Member

If they had I look forward to something new, shiny and hand built carbon, with full XT and some serious bike exotic branding.

They are starting to sound a bit embarrassed about it.

In all honesty I only ride in the dark at this time of year, had a cold, weathers been crap, and only out on my almost identical bike but that is 150mm travel and aluminium 3 times this month.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Length of time for a bike shop to hold your bike.’ is closed to new replies.