Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • LEJOG – book and pics from my End to End
  • mingsta
    Free Member

Finally got round to putting together a collection of blogs and photo’s from our End to End last year. I don’t think we broke any records with our leisurely 14 days ride time, but it was a wonderful adventure and the fun and the banter was top notch. I hope our book has captured a little of that essence!

Lejog Book

The preview comes up small at first, but there’s a view fullscreen button on the bottom right or you can zoom in to see full detail via the browser.

jedi

very nice

mingsta
    Free Member

Thanks Jedi!

I must pop along to one of your bike skills courses one day…after 8 years its about time I learnt how to handle a mountain bike!

Drac

That looks pretty cool, when I have more time I’ll take a better look.

teagirl
    Free Member

Fabulous! Myself and chum are hoping to commence LEJOG in May. Need to train loads (I’m an old lady) but I’m more motivated now I’ve seen your book. Thanks, have bookmarked it.

stevede
    Free Member

Also bookmarked, brilliant that is, doing JOGLE for CLIC Sargent in August so great to have this for inspiration.
    Planning will start soon – haven’t ridden a road bike for 20 years! 2nd hand road bike on my shopping list for pay day.

mingsta
    Free Member

Thanks guys!

You’re in for a treat, its such a fantastic concept. My only tip would be don’t try and emulate the fast lads, take your time and go for the scenic route!

And you don’t need to be mega fit. As long as you can pace yourself and have a decent gear range, then you’ll be okay. As long as you have some easy days just before midway, you’ll actually get stronger as the ride goes on.

TenMen
    Free Member

That’s very inspiring, well done!

fubar
    Free Member

That’s a great ‘book’; I’m going to pass the link to a mate who is riding later this year but I’m unable to join him this year 🙁

samuri
    Free Member

That looks great. Well done.

epicyclo

Great way to show the trip – a book.

I like the route choice of using the ferry to Arran – misses Glasgow.

mingsta
    Free Member

Yeah, heading via Arran was a deliberate ploy to get us on to a route that headed through Scotland via the Lochs. Definitely the nicest way to finish the last 3rd of the ride. Its a shame we didn’t have more time to explore the lochs and highlands.

2010 was a bit of a year of travel for me, also did a book on our travels through asia and china:

http://www.blurb.com/books/1931111

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘LEJOG – book and pics from my End to End’ is closed to new replies.